Playstation Plus has gone downhill recently?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Apparently it's gone from offering triple A games to years old indie titles, even after the price went out:

https://archive.is/h4iNH

So yeah, is this a thing? Did the quality of the service go downhill recently? Any Playstation fans willing to fill me in here?

Meh, I'm perfectly happy with the lineup. I'm consistently getting games I haven't played yet, or wouldn't have necessarily considered or hadn't seen. But I'm not ridiculously picky with it either. Not every game you're going to get is going to be top notch, or right for you. Broken Age has been extremely popular on Steam, I'm excited to be able to play it! Chariot was another I'd been considering getting too, and the other look interesting at least. All of them are getting downloaded for us most like.

As for the triple A games, for the PS4 I think at least, the system is still new enough I think all the developers would stand to lose a fair amount of money if they went off giving away new games for free, so I can see why they'd offer indies. There's not enough older triple A's to offer as of yet.

Apparently it's gone from offering triple A games to years old indie titles, even after the price went out:

https://archive.is/h4iNH

So yeah, is this a thing? Did the quality of the service go downhill recently? Any Playstation fans willing to fill me in here?
Even Sony? Oh boy? They gone cray cray. LMFAO!

Yeah a month or two ago we got Styx for PS4 which had already been up on the marketplace, as opposed to being a freshly new release like the games usually are. It caught me off guard as well. I was grateful, though, because it was a game I'd wanted - and glad I didn't pay for that bug-ridden heap of garbage -, just like Tomb Raider's spin-off Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris had been another I wanted. to me, I'd much rather have the older released things than the new since the newer ones seem to be half-assed indies with shoddy graphics and repetitive gamplay. It isn't like Sony has ever given A-list games for free on PS4 that I am aware of yet anyhow.

Yeah, it has gone down hill since it became required for online play with the PS4. However, this month is slightly better than the past few. Super Meat Boy, while old, has never graced a Sony system. It's great that PS+ subscribers get it free now that it is available. I've heard good things about Broken Age and Chariot was a lot of fun on the Wii U.

It is a shame the quality has dropped. Back when I started using it a couple years ago, they usually gave out 2 or 3 AAA games, but these days you're lucky to get 1. I've gotten games like Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Vanquish, Dragon's Dogma, Tomb Raider, and Crysis 3. When my subscription ran out in June, I decided not to renew. All they've been offering recently is a bunch of indie titles you can get cheaper from a Humble Bundle. What makes it most frustrating is all of the old AAA titles that would be excellent candidates for Plus. If I were a developer, I would use this as a means to drum up hype for my new game. Bethesda could drop Fallout 3/NV on PS+ before the new game comes out to give people that may have never tried the series an easy and risk free way to do so. Just to give you an idea of the games Sony could try putting up there versus what they are, here are some notable AAA titles that have yet to grace PS+:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
InFamous
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Skate
Skate 2
Skate 3
DiRT
DiRT 2
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
MotorStorm
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Heavenly Sword
The Darkness
The Darkness II
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
BioShock
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Burnout Paradise
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Prince of Persia (2008)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Devil May Cry 4
God of War III
God of War: Ascension
God of War: Origins Collection
Dark Souls
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil 6
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age II
NFS: Shift
NFS: Hot Pursuit
NFS: The Run
NFS: Rivals
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV
Bayonetta
Split/Second
Darksiders 2

I came up with this list back in May, and since then only 1 game on this list has made it to PS+.

Yeah, it has gone down hill since it became required for online play with the PS4. However, this month is slightly better than the past few. Super Meat Boy, while old, has never graced a Sony system. It's great that PS+ subscribers get it free now that it is available. I've heard good things about Broken Age and Chariot was a lot of fun on the Wii U.

It is a shame the quality has dropped. Back when I started using it a couple years ago, they usually gave out 2 or 3 AAA games, but these days you're lucky to get 1. I've gotten games like Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Vanquish, Dragon's Dogma, Tomb Raider, and Crysis 3. When my subscription ran out in June, I decided not to renew. All they've been offering recently is a bunch of indie titles you can get cheaper from a Humble Bundle. What makes it most frustrating is all of the old AAA titles that would be excellent candidates for Plus. If I were a developer, I would use this as a means to drum up hype for my new game. Bethesda could drop Fallout 3/NV on PS+ before the new game comes out to give people that may have never tried the series an easy and risk free way to do so. Just to give you an idea of the games Sony could try putting up there versus what they are, here are some notable AAA titles that have yet to grace PS+:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
InFamous
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Skate
Skate 2
Skate 3
DiRT
DiRT 2
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
MotorStorm
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Heavenly Sword
The Darkness
The Darkness II
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
BioShock
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Burnout Paradise
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Prince of Persia (2008)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Devil May Cry 4
God of War III
God of War: Ascension
God of War: Origins Collection
Dark Souls
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil 6
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age II
NFS: Shift
NFS: Hot Pursuit
NFS: The Run
NFS: Rivals
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV
Bayonetta
Split/Second
Darksiders 2

I came up with this list back in May, and since then only 1 game on this list has made it to PS+.
Yeah, but how long after the release of those games did they put those up for free? Their probably not gonna be releasing any spectacular games for the PS3 anymore, since they want people to upgrade to the PS4- and it frankly hasn't been long enough since the release of any of the best PS4 games for them to be willing to give it out for free to most of the user base.

Yeah, but how long after the release of those games did they put those up for free? Their probably not gonna be releasing any spectacular games for the PS3 anymore, since they want people to upgrade to the PS4- and it frankly hasn't been long enough since the release of any of the best PS4 games for them to be willing to give it out for free to most of the user base.
Uncharted 3 was 2 years after initial release and Vanquish was 3 years after release. Surprisingly, Tomb Raider, Dragon's Dogma, and Crysis 3 were all within a year or a little over a year of their initial release.

They are coming up on 2 years since the PS4's release. I think they could give out some launch titles like Knack and Killzone.

And EU members just got a LOT more games than US this month. We got 2 of the like 6-8 EU got.

Edit: Okay so only Super Meat Boy and Broken Age were advertised on the website. We got the others. They show up on the consoles.

And EU members just got a LOT more games than US this month. We got 2 of the like 6-8 EU got.

Edit: Okay so only Super Meat Boy and Broken Age were advertised on the website. We got the others. They show up on the consoles.
All the games are listed on the site, you have to scroll down for the whole list.

All the games are listed on the site, you have to scroll down for the whole list.
Maybe when you checked they added them, but only Super Meatboy and Broken Age were up at first for about an hour at least. And when you watch the official youtube channel's preview of games to come those two were the only two they showed there as well.

I got my PS+ subscription going again as an early Christmas gift from my wife! Super Meat Boy is awesome, although the neutered soundtrack is not. I guess the developers had a falling out with the original composer so they couldn't use his music this time around and had to make a replacement on pretty short notice. Pretty petty if you ask me.

Effing Invizimals for PSP this month, Sony? Really? a PSP game with no trophy support which requires you to print an AR Card in order to play? Like everyone has printers - or in the case of me atm - and can afford ink.

Magicka 2 I already owned from day-1 launch. Good game co-op but nearly impossible solo.

Dragon Fin Soup I'm enjoying so far.

Mass Effect 3 was great when I bought it like 2 years ago on 360 from GameStop for 1.99 or whatever under $5 I payed for it.For those who haven't played it, I hated ME1 but 2 and 3 are better than their predecessors, imo.

Walking Dead Season 2. first off, I despise TellTale Games' shitty action sequences (died from unresponsive controls in the Borderlands game and it froze on teh game over screen, corrupting my data. The Game of Thrones game had severely delayed response times as well).. Secondly, This is Sony's response to Microsoft giving the entire series for free last month?

Beyond Good and Evil I always wanted to play, so kinda excited about that one.

Not a bad line-up with the exception of Invizimals, which really irks me because it is a sign of declination in drastic ways to me. What's next; a $1 Playstation Mini?

Invizimals is embarrassing simply because there are newer games in the series that they could have given us. I don't have a PS4 but I took your advice and "purchased" Magicka 2 on the PS Store so that I could play it when I do eventually get one. ME2 was fun but there's no way I'd play it on a console. I am going to try Beyond Good & Evil and I'm glad they put that on the service. Couldn't care less for the other offerings this month. Pretty weak but it's hard to follow up the best platformer of all time.

Invizimals is embarrassing simply because there are newer games in the series that they could have given us. I don't have a PS4 but I took your advice and "purchased" Magicka 2 on the PS Store so that I could play it when I do eventually get one. ME2 was fun but there's no way I'd play it on a console. I am going to try Beyond Good & Evil and I'm glad they put that on the service. Couldn't care less for the other offerings this month. Pretty weak but it's hard to follow up the best platformer of all time.
Wish the PS3 games for the month would fricken show up on the website. It says "free for ps plus members" above the "buy now" but then wants me to pay 9.99 for BG&EHD. I have to actually grab my PS3 and hook it up this month, it looks like.

Plus still has its moments, and while people are always eager to complain about anything, it's still a good choice for us who have done other things than sit inside playing all the games of the console generation for the past few years. Honestly I can't understand how one can whine about a game being older, when they're getting thousands of dollars worth of content annually for hundred bucks?

Back