Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At 12:30 a.m., Yaneza, 43, was allegedly attacked while running to catch a Snorlax that spawned in Grand Army Plaza, a noted Pokémon hotspot located at the park’s southeast entrance. In video captured from the stream, Yaneza attempts to catch a Seaking when an unidentified assailant throws him to the ground. The assailant punches Yaneza, takes the 3 visible phones comprising his livestream setup and runs north.

Due to the fact that mugging is a non-gaming event, Yaneza's twitch account ended up being suspended as well and no info is available if the mugger has been found or if Yaneza's account would be restored.

I think this is an important lesson that you should play Pokemon Go with friends during the day instead of playing at night where you are more likely to get mugged.

Hope, the mugger gets caught before he mugs someone else.

It kind of stinks that his Twitch account also got suspended since him getting mugged is out of his control, and he just got mugged.

I simply wouldn't go out alone at night at NYC.

Same for me.

But, I feel getting mugged could happen during the day in New York or other city like Chicago when someone is alone while using 3 visible smartphones for live streaming on Twitch. I bet, this mugger and other muggers also mug during the day, and look for people who are alone and holding expensive gear like laptops, and smartphones in public.

Playing Pokemon Go and being mugged can happen anywhere, not just to major cities but thinks happen, especially to those who are not careful. On top of that, not only being mugged but tend to get into accidents as well.

Playing Pokemon Go and being mugged can happen anywhere, not just to major cities but thinks happen, especially to those who are not careful. On top of that, not only being mugged but tend to get into accidents as well.

the big issue here is having your twitch account banned for things beyond your control happening.

No offence, but Twitch is a horrible company. They don't deserve to be the best gaming stream site, it is way to slow and not even mobile friendly.

the big issue here is having your twitch account banned for things beyond your control happening.

That is true, we can't control to the things already happened but we have every control to prevent the things that most bad things to happen and getting themselves harmed or banned due to carelessness. :) But I do wish everyone to be careful and be safe always.

Back