Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Generation 1, anyone?

Naiwen

Queen of Games!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I play it on an emulator for my Game Boy because it's broken called "Retroarch" for Mac. I love that it's a third person RPG. And you personally? Have you ever played it yet or not personally? And if yes, do you enjoy it or not in your book?

Let me ask you this:

WHO HASN'T PLAYED POKéMON RED AND BLUE!?!?!

Ahem, pardon me... What I MEANT to say was Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow are classics, and are beloved by many veteran Pokémon fans such as myself! There couldn't be a single hardcore Pokémon player who hasn't played through these games at least once! ;)

Last edited:
Pokemon Red and Blue are insanely easy. A benchmark for freedom in choices. You can catch every Pokemon using certain glitches without even trading with another copy of the game. My biggest problem with it is that Stadium came out and getting competitive Pokemon with 15 DVs in every stat means doing insane strings of execution. However, it is a very unbalanced game with Psychic types being OP and very few Pokemon in various types were lucky to get decent STAB moves, meaning the good mons were restricted. But it had enough good glitches to do the bare minimum of easy leveling and TM cloning. Very fun but very simple in idea.

I loved Pokemon Red when I was 6, but I haven't touched it in a very very long time. Especially since the release of Fire Red. Fire Red basically perfected the original that I've felt no reason to go back to it. The original gen 1 is just such a mess and so flawed that it would be hard to go back to.

I personally enjoy Gen 1, and I personally have a lot of nostalgia for it. I personally replay it a lot because I personally have a lot of fun personally playing the game.

Still one of my favourite games to this day and I've played it more than pretty much any game. I adore it tbh.

I could never fully get into Pokemon games years ago. My brothers always played them but they never found the time to help me learn how to so it was something I skipped.

I do feel as though I missed out though if I am honest.

I use to play them like crazy, not anymore. I don't mind playing hacked versions of the old games with a emulator, that's still fun to me.

Back