froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to the numbers provided by App Annie (via VentureBeat), it seems that Pokemon GO is doing incredibly well, so much so that they are reporting that the game makes a whopping $10 million a day in terms of revenue, and this is also despite the fact that the game has yet to be launched in most parts of the world!

Read More

Wow, $10 million a day is crazy for a mobile game. I guest, there are tons of people who are willing to spend a few dollars or more for in-game purchases.

yesh, I wish I could pull in that much.

How is it doing that? The app is free.
Yes the game is free to download and play, but people can buy gold and things like that, and so people of the earth spend over £10 here and there

The funny thing is, there are more businesses spending money on the game than actual players. The PokeStops are bringing in TONS of business for small business owners and so they are buying the LURE items and placing them on the Pokestops at their place of business to lure customers. It's really a win-win. If they continue to make the game better, it could really make a huge difference in the future. People are being more socially (and physically) active OUTSIDE, and small businesses are thriving better than before.

Although, Niantic has been getting a lot of crap the past few days and their stocks and credibility have started to fall. You can't always believe what you hear good or bad really.. but as I type this, they currently went from a 5 star rating on the Googleplay and Apple Store down to a 1 for Pokemon Go and there has been thousands upon thousands of refunds being taken from Niantic that was actually reported today. Not to mention their Twitter feed being hacked.

The funny thing is, there are more businesses spending money on the game than actual players. The PokeStops are bringing in TONS of business for small business owners and so they are buying the LURE items and placing them on the Pokestops at their place of business to lure customers. It's really a win-win. If they continue to make the game better, it could really make a huge difference in the future. People are being more socially (and physically) active OUTSIDE, and small businesses are thriving better than before.

I think Lures are also being bought by lonely people who want more people to show up to a PokeStop, so it is less lonely because more people may come to a PokeStop, and may socialize with the person who bought and used the Lures.

I think Lures are also being bought by lonely people who want more people to show up to a PokeStop, so it is less lonely because more people may come to a PokeStop, and may socialize with the person who bought and used the Lures.

Every time I see Lure's being used, its LATE at night around midnight and shortly after. So if that's the case, I'd rather not visit that lonely person. lol

How do you pay for them? PayPal?

Credit Cards, Paypal, and Google Play Giftcards, or Apple App store gift cardsare accepted forms of payment for the Apple iOS app store, and Google Play. I think you can also use Google Wallet to pay for purchases in Google Play. Users can also use Apple Pay to pay for purchases in the Apple iOS app store.

Credit Cards, Paypal, and Google Play Giftcards, or Apple App store gift cardsare accepted forms of payment for the Apple iOS app store, and Google Play. I think you can also use Google Wallet to pay for purchases in Google Play. Users can also use Apple Pay to pay for purchases in the Apple iOS app store.
Some phones will even allow you to use your phone bill to pay for the Apple and Google stores. I used to purchase things from their stores and it would just tack on to my phone bill.

I hear Nintendo aren't really seeing much money from this project, but hopefully knowing of its success will encourage them to get into the market themselves. Its a crazy amount of money. I wonder if this factors in those businesses who are paying Niantic to make their location a PokeStop or gym?

I like coffee, anything with coffee in it

I hear Nintendo aren't really seeing much money from this project, but hopefully knowing of its success will encourage them to get into the market themselves. Its a crazy amount of money. I wonder if this factors in those businesses who are paying Niantic to make their location a PokeStop or gym?

I also hear that Nintendo is not making a big percentage of the money. But, Nintendo probably did not spend a lot of money to make the game compared to a Wii U game like Smash Bros or Zelda.

Pokemon Go is still not release worldwide. Once it is released worldwide, Nintendo and Niantic will probably make a lot more money on Pokemon Go depending on how many more Pokemon Go fans there are worldwide.

I also hear that Nintendo is not making a big percentage of the money. But, Nintendo probably did not spend a lot of money to make the game compared to a Wii U game like Smash Bros or Zelda.

Pokemon Go is still not release worldwide. Once it is released worldwide, Nintendo and Niantic will probably make a lot more money on Pokemon Go depending on how many more Pokemon Go fans there are worldwide.

As far as I know, I recall seeing something about saying that Nintendo only owns like 20-30% of the Stock for PokemonGo. They pretty much just sold rights to Niantic to make a pokemon skin of their other game.

They got to be making something due to it being their IP.

Back