Pokemon TCG

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Anybody here into collecting Pokemon cards?

I started back during the initial craze but stopped around 2001. Just recently, a video of somebody opening a box of the original Base Set popped up on my YouTube recommended and it's got me back in the game. I tried collecting XY Evolutions (a reprint of Base set), but the pulls are pretty bad and they made Raticate, Starmie, and Arcanine rares. I'm not crazy about Sun & Moon so I'm skipping those sets, but Shining Legends just released so I'm digging in deep.

So far I've bought a couple Elite Trainer Boxes (10 packs each) and the Mewtwo and Pikachu pin sets (3 packs each). The cool thing about this set is that it features Shiny versions of Mew, Arceus, Genesect, Volcanion, Jirachi, and Rayquaza. Along with being shiny, the Pokemon themselves are textured and holographic instead of the usual surrounding artwork.

I opened the first ETB and two pin sets together, here are my pics:
M87PlMx.jpg

And here are my pulls from the 2nd ETB:
XcVyAXy.jpg

I'll post some close up photos in a bit!

I still have all my old cards in a binder, but I haven't collected them since 2009. I'd show off my collection, but that would take a long time since I have over 200 9x9 pages.

I've disappeared for a while, and it's because I've taken a deep dive into Pokemon. Here are some of my favorite pickups:

WzKdNu0.jpg

OtGOWSk.jpg

FLbM93h.jpg

7ZeWio0.jpg

zydpV5u.jpg

6drmWVS.jpg

XKsMC9T.jpg

JNorlvb.jpg

3VLeimc.jpg

rXhro2f.jpg

7yUcU2O.jpg

ugmMOws.jpg