"Pokemon Trainer: You" Part 2 [Complete]

Two days left, people! Any art submissions after the final date will not be entered and you will be disqualified. Hurry, hurry! Seriously, get to it, people.

Wow 2 days to go and i want to do it..... I'll try to get mine in by tommorow.
It'll be hand drawn

Wow 2 days to go and i want to do it..... I'll try to get mine in by tommorow. It'll be hand drawn

Well, good luck. I'll add your name to the first post here.

Late but worth the wait, I hope x3
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5066]​
Name: Feli​
Town: Celadon City​
Battle Music:

Battle quotes:
"Let's try our best!" "If you mean to battle me, I won't take it easy on you!"​

Pokemon team:
Serperior ♂- Jasper
Luxray ♀- Dazzell
Sh. Skitty ♀- Mango
Sh. Vaporeon ♀- Naida
Pidgeot ♀- Zephyra
Vulpix ♂- Armstrong
Alliance: Good​
Bio:
After doing her rounds through Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova, Feli preferred to simply raise her pokemon to be the best they could be, not caring if she were Champion or not. Normally seen with her Skitty, Mango on her shoulder or her Luxray, Dazzell at her side, she travels around the regions, helping out those she can.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it turns out I didn't have time to do the full art I had intended, but I DID make some sprite art, so I can at least post that. I am usually too much of a perfectionist to do original art, so this plays more to my strong points (like writing).

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5067]

The sprite is based on HGSS era sprites, and yes, you can play the level in Pushmo. The idea was to be well-dressed with a cape held in place with a Pokeball clip. When throwing out my final Pokemon, I would remove that Pokeball and fling off my cape. Time to get serious!

Name: Spoony

Alignment: Chaotic

Classification: Ghost Gym Leader

Team: Rotom, Dusclops, Spiritomb, Drifblim, Froslass, Chandelure

Bio:

Four years ago, Spoony’s wife Kelli was killed in a tragic fire that consumed the Normal Gym she ran. Though the source of the fire would remain unclear, days later, as Spoony searched the wreckage for anything to remember his wife by, he discovered a baby Litwick. He was immediately repulsed by Litwick. The flame on its head only made him think of the painful fate that took Kelli from him. Its flame grew in his anger though, and Litwick began to follow him. Paranoid, Spoony left town and started on a journey to find a way to communicate with his deceased lover and forget the fires that devoured his previous life.

Along the way, Spoony caught a Drifloon and flew to many distant regions. But no matter where he went, the Litwick would somehow soon follow. Litwicks feed off life energy, and in Spoony, this Litwick found a deep, hot anger that fed it like nothing else could. Eventually, Spoony went to Lake Acuity, hoping the cold would discourage Litwick from following. He also knew that Froslass in the area were supposedly ghosts of human women who died when lost in the mountains and wished to try to find a way to communicate with them- a stepping-stone on the path to his true desire. In the end, he did find a Froslass, but when he tried to speak to it, it only led him further into the wilderness. Finally, lost and numb in every sense, Spoony slumped against a tree. Maybe if he died, he would see her again.

A will-o-wisp appeared before him, and soon the glow took the shape of the woman he so desperately needed to see. Kelli told him that she had never left his side, and that her spirit would not be able to rest until Spoony avenges her. Find the trainer who set fire to the gym. Avenge your wife. Deliriously, he nodded. Litwick smiled.

Spoony no longer felt hatred for Litwick. It was obviously a gift from Kelli to do her bidding. With it, he hunted down the Froslass that led him into the woods and caught it. He caught many other ghosts as he learned how to better communicate with them, but despite his training Spoony was never able to summon Kelli’s spirit; something was keeping her from reaching him even though he knew she was not at peace. Litwick evolved into Chandelure and seemed to grow stronger every day. In the end, he opened a gym, knowing it would attract trainers. When he punished the trainer, Kelli would come back. That was all that mattered.

In the center of his gym, Chandelure’s fire burned so brightly.

Battle Phrases

Before Battle: I shall pray for the souls of your Pokemon as I extinguish their flames.

First Pokemon Attacked: This is all pointless… There is only one end…

Last Pokemon Sent Out: You cannot escape destiny!

Losing Quote: … Your Pokemon. Your bond with them that allows you to fight death itself… You have reminded me what it is to be alive.

Battle Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BxIWXE8E-pw

I picked it for the darker version of the champion theme as well as the overall feeling of overwhelming dread in the beginning, gradually turning into a heated battle theme.

Reference Pic:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5068]

(I'm on the bottom right. Bonus points if you can name all our cosplay characters)

The contest is now in the "Judging" state so no more art will be accepted during or after this time. The judging will take a while..as I have an internship to attend til about 4pm eastern and that I will be writing out what I thought about each individual piece.

Thanks to all who got theirs in on time. The people who did not have been disqualified from the contest leaving about 5 entries with submitted art. The tension rises!

Stay tuned.

~Porkman :grin:

Ok, here we go guys! The results are in! We''ll start by announcing the winners and then a critique on why the contestants place the way they did.

1st Place: TigressStar (Congratulations! You are the winner!)

Runner up: SpoonySage

Congrats! Now let me fill you all in on my decisions and how me and Amyntas came to our decision. This was a VERY HARD to judge contest, so don't feel bad if you didn't win.

These are marked in order of placement in the contest. Sorry if my reply is shorter for one person than another. Like I said, these decisions did not come very easy.

@Tigress

Yours was very well made and the hair was something I kept looking at due to the detail and color. I liked how you also put Vince in there, that's friendship right there. As for your bio, it was short and simple but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In this case it works and matches the character. The choice of pokemon were very fitting for the type of character as well. What seriously bumped your placement was the coloring and detail on the drawing overall. As for the choice of music...I chuckled atually because I own that game and can't imagine how that theme would sound in a battle with such cute looking pokemon. Well there you have it, Congratulations!

@SpoonySage

You actually tied with another contestant and we chose to bump you up due to the extra detail in your bio which was very well written. The theme was very fitting with the bio. Now about your design...it is kind of hard to judge an overworld sprite and almost voted you down because of it,,,He also kind of looks like Lance. Now what impressed me is the depth of the biography and how well that sprite was made. It being a Pushmo level also was pretty cool. Limited space and it still looks pretty awesome. In short: Sprites lack personality when in overworld form rather than battle form but regardless it was well made, Bio was awesome, music was fitting..HUZZAH! You are the runner up!

@Vincerific

You were tied with Spoonysage for the runner up. Yours was very well made, the character was unique and the trainer title was as well. Like I said for Tigress, I admire the friendship you guys showed by placing each other in the backgrounds of your characters like you did. Awesome!

The pokemon were very detailed and nicely placed. The bio was a little sad, and that's fine (i'd love to see your character and Spoony's face off). Your character fits you comparison photo very well, nicely done on that part! Your characters clothing was pretty awesome and I felt the whole get up matched the pokemon world's style. He seems very rogue-like. The background was lively, but the grass and tree were a bit sloppy. What bumped Spoony past you was the depth that his bio went into, this was a very close tie. You narrowly got passed, thanks for submitting your piece, it was awesome! You get an effort Ribbon *gym badge obtained music plays*

@Fillfall

Well....I noticed some serious clone tooling here. The body didn't fit the head and it's because of the texturing done on the clothing. To me it's too "Copypasta'd" to have been marked in the winning spots. The bio was fine, short and simple :). Thanks for submitting your art! Better luck next time. You still get an effort ribbon, yay!

@Sonicvmario

I understand that you aren't good at drawing on a computer (which you told me) but your entry was a little hard to take seriously for an art contest. I appreciate your interest in my contest and thanks for the entry, but the style didn't match and it lacked some things. Thanks for entering, and sorry buddy.

Well, there it is. Note this judgement was decided by me and Amyntas (the previous winner). I didn't play the favorites game with friends here so don't feel bad if you didn't win..Thanks everyone for taking interest in my art contest and I hope to see more art come from the contestants. This contest was to inspire people to use their artistic abilities and seeing what other make is very inspiring to me as well.

Awards will be distributed by tomorrow. I'll be making a drawing starring the contestants sometime soon (in my art style) so look forward to that. I may even consider a mini comic series, how does that sound?

I hope I didn't insult anybody with my critiques. All is fair in Art. Have a good day, folks. Feel free to discuss the contest on this topic.

Congratulations to our winners! Amyntas may make a post on his opinions of the pieces so yeah, keep a look out if interested.

Congrats to tigressStar for winning Porkman's Pokemon contest and, now I would like to give my thoughts about the entries.

• TigressStar- I like style of your character she seems like a poet who would sit in a tiny Cafe sipping on her tiny coffee or tea besides; that I do wish your bio was longer I do like that your adventure will continue as long someone needs help.

• SpoonySage- Your approach to your character was unsuspecting I would not have thought of anyone going with that approach but, what really pulled me in was your bio it brings out story you have a long journey ahead of you and, thank you for posting a photo of yourself

• Vincerific- Your look screams out mysterious if I didn't look at your bio I would be thinking is he a villain, a hero, or a double agent wait a black Charrizard he has to be a villain but, what if its for show hmm other than that I do like how both you and tiggressStar show friendship in both images but, you did take the funny approach with Jiggleypuff nice but as I said about tigressStar I do wish the bio was longer and, thank you for posting a photo of yourself.

• Fillfall- The Tepig was a nice touch the way you created you and the Tepig gives a realistic feel to it but Genesect feels out of place.

• SonicvMario- Your piece needs work now, I do not know you personally but, maybe you can take some time to touch it up honestly it looks like you took two minutes to make it now, im pretty sure that's not your intention so I would like to see a better version of it.

Alright everyone those were my thoughts of the entries it was nice to see what everyone has done hope you all had fun and thank you all for attending the contest.

Late but worth the wait, I hope x3

Name: Feli

Town: Celadon City

Battle Music:

http://youtu.be/wKSHin8oyxQ

Battle quotes:

"Let's try our best!" "If you mean to battle me, I won't take it easy on you!"

Pokemon team:

Serperior ♂- Jasper

Luxray ♀- Dazzell

Sh. Skitty ♀- Mango

Sh. Vaporeon ♀- Naida

Pidgeot ♀- Zephyra

Vulpix ♂- Armstrong

Alliance: Good

Bio:

After doing her rounds through Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova, Feli preferred to simply raise her pokemon to be the best they could be, not caring if she were Champion or not. Normally seen with her Skitty, Mango on her shoulder or her Luxray, Dazzell at her side, she travels around the regions, helping out those she can.

omg congrats

I would have made the bio a LOT longer (I actually am a writer and have novels about that character written) had I known. I was going by the example posted on the first page. And I have to ask why everyone calls the shiny charizard "black" when it is purple? I got that a few times in response to that image lol

As for the look... that's my normal look... here, this is from my photobucket when I was 22...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture010.jpg

and what I wear under the trench and hat

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture008.jpg

Even my license has the black lipstick and choke collar on in it. they never retook the photo 2 licenses later XD

I would have made the bio a LOT longer (I actually am a writer and have novels about that character written) had I known. I was going by the example posted on the first page. And I have to ask why everyone calls the shiny charizard "black" when it is purple? I got that a few times in response to that image lol

As for the look... that's my normal look... here, this is from my photobucket when I was 22...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture010.jpg

and what I wear under the trench and hat

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture008.jpg

Even my license has the black lipstick and choke collar on in it. they never retook the photo 2 licenses later XD

Sorry but the shade of purple looks black to me I always make that mistake lol.

I would have made the bio a LOT longer (I actually am a writer and have novels about that character written) had I known. I was going by the example posted on the first page. And I have to ask why everyone calls the shiny charizard "black" when it is purple? I got that a few times in response to that image lol As for the look... that's my normal look... here, this is from my photobucket when I was 22... http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture010.jpg and what I wear under the trench and hat http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/VincentSantioni/Picture008.jpg Even my license has the black lipstick and choke collar on in it. they never retook the photo 2 licenses later XD

Sorry but the shade of purple looks black to me I always make that mistake lol.its all good u should join our contest

Sorry but the shade of purple looks black to me I always make that mistake lol.

LOL Yeah I'm debating that with Porkman now. It is the same shading of Purple on Jedah Dohma's trench from the game Darkstalkers, which is why I named it Lord Jedah.

Zekrom.gif
Black

Charizard.gif
Purple-grey

See my point?

208.gif
This is like... what? Olive? lol I don't even know what to call that other than maybe "wet clay" LOL

Calling a shiny Charizard black is just racist. Racist.

Also, whoa! I definitely was not expecting the runner up slot. Kudos to Vince; I really liked your entry. I'll admit, I included a cosplay pic because I thought yours might have been a cosplay of Dante... now I feel a bit silly. Anywho, thanks to all the contestants and judges; this is one of my favorite theme contests and hope to see it come back next year!

Calling a shiny Charizard black is just racist. Racist.

Also, whoa! I definitely was not expecting the runner up slot. Kudos to Vince; I really liked your entry. I'll admit, I included a cosplay pic because I thought yours might have been a cosplay of Dante... now I feel a bit silly. Anywho, thanks to all the contestants and judges; this is one of my favorite theme contests and hope to see it come back next year!

Cosplay of Dante? Dante from what? I DO own a red trench coat if you were meaning Devil May Cry, but I don't know a Dante with a cavilier or black trench. :o Is there a character I can cosplay without having to spend a lot of money on a costume now? XD

Thank's for the compliment. You did well on your description and the sprite work, as well. And technically my outfit is a cosplay but isn't. Long story short, I dressed that way for about 7 years almost daily but my first name and style of clothing are taken from the novel series I wrote's main character Vincent Santioni. I began dressing like him to make me feel closer to the character and to help me think more like him as I was writing his first three novels. II would technically count that as me cosplaying my Original Character.

Didn't exactly surprise me that I didn't win.. Only thing there I drew lately was the head. The pokemon a was made by me some time ago, but the clothing stuff was copied.. Used some filters and scuff, but yeah.. Just haven't been in the urge of drawing lately, except for all the doodles on my table at school..

Didn't exactly surprise me that I didn't win.. Only thing there I drew lately was the head. The pokemon a was made by me some time ago, but the clothing stuff was copied.. Used some filters and scuff, but yeah.. Just haven't been in the urge of drawing lately, except for all the doodles on my table at school..

Oh man can I relate to THAT! This was my first time drawing anything in over a year. I majored in graphic design like Porkman did and for some reason since getting out of school I have only drawn maybe one month every year for the past 12+ years lol

Oh man can I relate to THAT! This was my first time drawing anything in over a year. I majored in graphic design like Porkman did and for some reason since getting out of school I have only drawn maybe one month every year for the past 12+ years lol
Bought a drawing tablet almost 2 years ago, used it a lot first year and know its been collecting dust for a while..

Bought a drawing tablet almost 2 years ago, used it a lot first year and know its been collecting dust for a while..
Well, I'll be posting a new contest tonight. Maybe you'll get some use out of it. :grin:

Back