"Pokemon Trainer: You" Part 2 [Complete]

No starting an argument here guys. Drop it.

Question... before I consider inking this thing... would it be better to be as detailed as possible or to keep it close to how the actual cartoon or game does the art and shading? As of the moment I look like I leapt out of an ep of the cartoon.

Question... before I consider inking this thing... would it be better to be as detailed as possible or to keep it close to how the actual cartoon or game does the art and shading? As of the moment I look like I leapt out of an ep of the cartoon.

Sounds like a preference question to me. Do what looks best to you! Though I admit I am psyched to see what you put together!

Sounds like a preference question to me. Do what looks best to you! Though I admit I am psyched to see what you put together!

I didn't know if we HAD to do it like the cartoon / series, was my question. Then I am going to do one of each, maybe lol The second one will be just for fun .. Well, Technically THIRD one as I am also doing them in 3D on Colors! 3D for fun as well.

Does It need to be styled like the pokemon anime?

Nope, you can all go about it your own way .

Does It need to be styled like the pokemon anime?

Nope, you can all go about it your own way .

thank you, yeah that was my question as well lol

Oh and so this is very clear to everyone else who entered: you will not be awarded an "Effort Ribbon" just for competing. You must have an entry with effort put into it. Not a stick figure or something like that. People won't be getting off with free awards.

I know this is late...

But I can't join, or can I?

I know this is late...

But I can't join, or can I?

Of course you can. The contest is live so you have until the 30th of this month to have your submission entered. Would you like to take part?

Oh and so this is very clear to everyone else who entered: you will not be awarded an "Effort Ribbon" just for competing. You must have an entry with effort put into it. Not a stick figure or something like that. People won't be getting off with free awards.

Will try painting mine tomorrow..

Well, people. The contest is approaching its end. I will not accept any art past the 30th of this month and those who do not meet the deadline will be disqualified. Good luck.

Well, people. The contest is approaching its end. I will not accept any art past the 30th of this month and those who do not meet the deadline will be disqualified. Good luck.

I have my mock exams the following week, but I think I'll get time to make one..

Here's my entry.. Not exactly my best, but oh well

pkmn.png

Name: Andy

Region: Hoenn

Team: (Here:) Tepig, Genesect

Bio:

Just an odd big guy not knowing his place in the world. Here he is disguised as a Team Rocket member, but in reality he's a good guy..

"Meep"

Alliance: None

Not the best art I've done, but months since I've drawn anything. Anyways, the pokemon are older artworks which I cut out poorly :s The clothes of the guy is old and traced of some I found on the internet, used a cutout filter and an oil paint filter to make it look more like the style I wanted. All of the art here is owned by me.. Except for the R which I needed a bit help with :s

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:5059]​
Name: Adam​
Reigion: Johto​
Team: Eevee , Pikachu and Squirtle​
Bio: Just a normal kid who​
decided to go on a journey​
through Johto and meet​
new pokémon.​
Alliance: Good​
I hope that this is alright as an entry I am not good at drawing using a computer and I could not draw and then scan it onto the computer as I do not know how.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vincent Janus Santioni - Vampire Trainer from Caliwell
343stfk.jpg
Bio:
Vincent left his home at the age of fourteen to study and seek knowledge about the world. He returned three years later in time to witness his parents' and sister murdered. He has wandered restlessly seeking to exact his revenge and avenge his family ever since.

- Battle Music:

- Battle quotes:
"If it moves, kill it. If it moves again, RUN!​
- Pokemon team
Vincent carries several Pokémon with him, but none more dear to him than his ever loyal Venusaur and his shiny Charizard, Lord Jedah, who are always by his side.​
- Alliance:
Siding with neither good nor evil, Vincent walks the line with a slight lean-to. He tries to protect those who he can, but is not above doing 'unjust' acts in order to obtain his goal.​
- A comparison photo:
(I had to take it with my 3DS on my own and my house has no ceiling lights so this was the best I could do, I apologize. You can always check out my photobucket for older pics of me in the same outfit. VincentSantioni )​
3442ww1.jpg

Tried to make my trainer in the cartoon's style as well as the Pokémon. Modeled the facial expression after my favorite character, James' psychotic laughing face. The trainer asleep in the background is TigressStar as she and I can almost always be found together in the game.

Also: Each of the characters / pokémon in my entry can be seen MUCH larger and you can watch me draw them here:​
The details are a LOT more easily seen and it also proves I didn't trace or copy the images - I looked at reference photos. If I traced it, the program would show a symbol for it. All the photos were done in 3D as well and I will be sending pics out in Swap Note after the contest. Simply click on the title of any of the drawings to see them bigger, and hover your mouse over them to see how I drew them. <3 Colors! 3D

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i think ill try to post my entry for the participation but DAMN BRO! even with a 3ds your art is awesome <3

Sorry but I have to forfit

Shame, but ok then. You will be removed from the contestant list.

yeah i think ill try to post my entry for the participation but DAMN BRO! even with a 3ds your art is awesome <3

Thanks. It isn't even half the amount of detail I wanted to put into it, but I had to rush the PC work on the account of the laptop fan's instability. Tim said he'd take care of stuff for me when he comes by Saturday but I don't know if he was responding to my needing canned air and some tool or if he meant my current lack of food issue lol.

Back