Everyone's Rival
Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Article: Pokémon’s art exhibition celebrating Japanese craftwork is coming to Los Angeles

Today, The Pokémon Company announced its new collaboration with Japan House Los Angeles to bring Pokémon × Kogei, a collection of over 70 pieces of handcrafted art from 20 different artists working in a variety of mediums, to the US for a five-month-long exhibition. In a press release about the exhibition, The Pokémon Company president and CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara said that it was an honor to celebrate the Pokémon brand through the “ingenious creations” of creators like metal artist Morihito Katsura and sculptor Taiichiro Yoshida.

The video mentioned contains various Pokemon from Generations 1 to 8 from what I can see. But it's still a lot of time and effort getting all the illustrations and crafts right. Jolteon takes a realistic cat form with metal lightning bolts molded in. A Rookidee can transform into a Corviknight like a Transformer (which makes me wonder if they can be mass-produced someday), textiles from which take the Gengar line, and finally a large ceramic orb with various cutesy mons in gold paint.

Definitely some valuable stuff. Which ones are your favorite? That Rookidee was so creative to me.

Article: Pokémon’s art exhibition celebrating Japanese craftwork is coming to Los Angeles

The video mentioned contains various Pokemon from Generations 1 to 8 from what I can see. But it's still a lot of time and effort getting all the illustrations and crafts right. Jolteon takes a realistic cat form with metal lightning bolts molded in. A Rookidee can transform into a Corviknight like a Transformer (which makes me wonder if they can be mass-produced someday), textiles from which take the Gengar line, and finally a large ceramic orb with various cutesy mons in gold paint.

Definitely some valuable stuff. Which ones are your favorite? That Rookidee was so creative to me.
I thought that I was the only one who would pick out how good and unique that Rookidee looked.

Back