froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some Kindles are crashing PCs that have received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, an issue that has come to light shortly after news that many webcams were broken by the update. According to recent reports, when some Kindles are plugged into these PCs, the computer will crash, resulting in a blue screen of death and forcing the computer to reboot. The extent of the issue isn’t known at this time, as the information about it largely comes from affected Kindle/PC owners. Judging by these reports, though, the Kindle Paperwhite seems to be particularly affected.

Read More

This problem must be annoying for students and office workers which need to use a USB cable to transfer many large eBooks, eTextbooks, eMagazines, audiobooks, and PDF documents to their Kindle from a Windows 10 PC which got updated to the latest update.

I think if you are a Amazon Kindle user who needs to transfer a lot of eBooks and Document Files from their Windows PC to their Kindle with USB, it is best to use a PC with Windows 7, and 8.1 as the OS.

Good thing I don't have a kindle.

Good thing I don't have a kindle.

I also don't own a Kindle either.

I wonder if this update also affect other USB devices like tablets and other eReaders which uses the same type of parts like USB chips and software as the Kindle. A lot of the times, electronic makers use chips and parts made by another company to save money by not needing a electronics factory to make all the parts and materials to make things like eReaders and tablets.

Back