Posting in the Video Game Discussion forum

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
How does one post a thread in the Video Game Discussion forum if the game is not included in TGDb?

yeah me and IntoxNitram IntoxNitram have been looking at an alt due to TGDB not being the best up to date. If its not in the website just make a topic in the general gaming boards about the game.

Yeah its not the best site, development stopped for it a long time ago - I emailed them a while back about some kind of partnership to make things work better but they weren't too interested and don't really focus on the site. We would love a better solution but one doesn't exist right now and would be too costly to do ourselves.

I would suggest discontinuing it perhaps. It would drive more discussion in the company specific forums that doesn't amount to just random questions.

Yeah its not the best site, development stopped for it a long time ago - I emailed them a while back about some kind of partnership to make things work better but they weren't too interested and don't really focus on the site. We would love a better solution but one doesn't exist right now and would be too costly to do ourselves.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this but Steam does have an API that you can use to pull data from it's database.

Steam Web API - Valve Developer Community

I don't know if other networks have the same thing though. But then that not really going to solve the original issue though.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but Steam does have an API that you can use to pull data from it's database.

Steam Web API - Valve Developer Community

I don't know if other networks have the same thing though. But then that not really going to solve the original issue though.
I think we have plugins which use Steam's API here already. The problem with that, if a plugin existed, is that it is only PC games - we have websites we want to use which offer databases for them all, its just waiting for someone to make one because we can't.

Back