Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
hfjSQId.jpg

DeWalt has decided to throw their hat into the ring as well. The company has recently announced their own smartphone in the form of the MD501, and just like Casio and CAT, it seems that DeWalt’s offering will be of the rugged variety.

Under the hood, the phone isn’t particularly impressive. It sports a 5-inch Gorilla Glass 3 display with a resolution of 720p. It is powered by a MediaTek MT6735 SoC, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and will come with dual SIM support and LTE. There is also a 3,020mAh battery with support for Qi wireless charging.

For starters it will be IP68 certified, so protection/resistance to dust and water will be there. It will also be able to withstand -20C temperatures, and will also be able to take a drop from a height of 2 meters. Obviously with such specs, it is aimed more at users who work in dangerous environments rather than your average consumer.

It will come with Android 5.1 Marshmallow preinstalled and it is expected to make its way to the UK where it will be priced at £379 ($543).

Read More

This does look like a good phone for someone who is a construction worker, or works as a miner, and tough jobs where you need a tough phone.

my grandpa was a huge hardware person but I know he never had the brand.

I think Dewalt is more expensive than Black and Decker, Skil and other hardware tool brands, so they are less popular with most buyers except for construction workers which need more powerful hardware tools with more features.

my grandpa was a huge hardware person but I know he never had the brand.

Did he, by any chance use Stanley tools instead?

Usually it is either Stanley or DeWalt, but I think that Dewalt is more used by professionals who have money to burn..

Stanley and Black and Decker are more for consumer use..

On topic though, I gotta ask why..

I mean if it will be sturdy and geared toward those who work in construction, and other professions that would be otherwise dangerous for a phone, then I agree with this..

Did he, by any chance use Stanley tools instead?

Usually it is either Stanley or DeWalt, but I think that Dewalt is more used by professionals who have money to burn..

Stanley and Black and Decker are more for consumer use..

On topic though, I gotta ask why..

I mean if it will be sturdy and geared toward those who work in construction, and other professions that would be otherwise dangerous for a phone, then I agree with this..

I think it was stanley but can't say for sure since all of his stuff was ancient old and still worked great till the end of his days. Unlike today's made stuff.

Back