Prediction about the 3DS redesign

H8fiction

Awards
Credits
I feel like Nintendo always poops on the loyal fans that buy their stuff right away. I know better colors are coming out so far i have seen red and purple but i can totally see a 3DSXL on the way how long do you think till that will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never bothered with the DSi or XL, i'll do the same if they decide to do it again. So long as I'm able to play the games I purchase. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo to do this again with the 3DS....Though..it is an expensive system...if they do this and it doesn't sell well, then they are out lots of money.

I really don't see any 3DS XLs coming at all. If anything extra comes for the 3DS then it'll be different colors. (Like red :/)

i have a feeling theyre gonna make something like a 3ds life with longer battery life

Nintendo already has announced that they will not be releasing any new colors or redesigns for a very long time. Which means probably around 5 years.

i have a feeling theyre gonna make something like a 3ds life with longer battery life
A longer battery life, perhaps. But it certainly won't be 'Lite'.
The 3DS as it is is as small as it can possibly be. They had a lot of trouble just fitting everything into the shell whilst making sure it was still durable and the cooling was still sufficient.
And also, to have a longer battery life, the 3DS would need a physically larger battery, and therefore if they do release any upgrades (which they probably will eventually, but not for quite some time), then it'll probably be along the lines of an XL version, with a larger body and larger screens.
H8fiction said:
I feel like Nintendo always poops on the loyal fans that buy their stuff right away.
Why do you believe this, exactly?
No-one is forcing you to buy the new iteration. The old one is just as effective.
What's more, you appear to think that Nintendo are somehow purposefully holding back when they release a new console, just so they can release a second version. I can tell you that when they released the original DS, with the technology and production means they had available to them, they could not make it any smaller. It was only with more than a years worth of extra work that they managed to shave it down.
And you say they 'always' do this? The Wii has not had any new version, neither did the GameCube (i'm not counting colours here, only actual hardware redesigns. If you're stupid enough to buy a console you already have again just because a new colour has been releases, then you deserve everything that's coming to you).

A longer battery life, perhaps. But it certainly won't be 'Lite'.
The 3DS as it is is as small as it can possibly be. They had a lot of trouble just fitting everything into the shell whilst making sure it was still durable and the cooling was still sufficient.
And also, to have a longer battery life, the 3DS would need a physically larger battery, and therefore if they do release any upgrades (which they probably will eventually, but not for quite some time), then it'll probably be along the lines of an XL version, with a larger body and larger screens.

Why do you believe this, exactly?
No-one is forcing you to buy the new iteration. The old one is just as effective.
What's more, you appear to think that Nintendo are somehow purposefully holding back when they release a new console, just so they can release a second version. I can tell you that when they released the original DS, with the technology and production means they had available to them, they could not make it any smaller. It was only with more than a years worth of extra work that they managed to shave it down.
And you say they 'always' do this? The Wii has not had any new version, neither did the GameCube (i'm not counting colours here, only actual hardware redesigns. If you're stupid enough to buy a console you already have again just because a new colour has been releases, then you deserve everything that's coming to you).

look aggain i did not say "lite"

So you did. My apologies.
Still, the point stands.

I feel like Nintendo always poops on the loyal fans that buy their stuff right away. I know better colors are coming out so far i have seen red and purple but i can totally see a 3DSXL on the way how long do you think till that will happen?
Were I you, I'd wait for the release of the Platinum 3DSiXL. With diamond studs and a third screen.

You joke, but i'm sure a few years down the line, some company peddling extortionate and exquisitely tasteless goods will no doubt come out with a gold, platinum and diamond studded shell that fits on a 3DS.
You can get such things for iPhones and certain laptops, so why not the 3DS?

Maybe because no one wants one? I mean, the versions for the laptop and iPhone only exist because there are customers sad enough to want to have a gold plated phone/laptop. Maybe it's possible no one will want a gold plated 3DS because they're not show offs?

Eh, who am I kidding. Someone will. The only question is how many people will and whether it'll be enough demand to make such a service/product worth it.

I'm sure even now, if you new where to go, you could take your 3DS to someone who would gaudy it up a bit.

im mostly referring to the fact that the DSIXL had 2 terrible colors when it launched i settled for brown then like 3 months later they released the blue color. im not trying to be mean or elitist so please don't be the same. I Thank you

Wasn't burgundy a launch colour?
How can you not like burgundy? It's a great colour; so opulent.

What?! Go figure! If they do come out with a purple [my fave color] I'll be so bloody mad. There is no way I could get another even if I trade unless I talk my hubby into getting one for himself and we trade with each other. Lol. It will be hard.

What?! Go figure! If they do come out with a purple [my fave color] I'll be so bloody mad. There is no way I could get another even if I trade unless I talk my hubby into getting one for himself and we trade with each other. Lol. It will be hard.
No worries, there won't be for a very long time. Besides, the color is merely aesthetic, no reason to get bent out of shape over it.

I dunno, I see all those colors and still feel happy I got my Cosmo Black. In my opinion, the colors make it look more like a Toy

Back