Preferred midnight snack

Sharon

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I do try to not eat anything before bed but when I wake up due to being hungry nothing quite satisfy my stomach like a bowl of oatmeal or cereal. What is your preferred late night snack?

Usually a banana, cereal or some cashews. I keep it light.

1 red delicious apple.

Chocolate. Honestly, anything that is either easy to make or can be eaten quickly. I could never have fruit as a midnight snack. It has to be something unhealthy lol

Chocolate. Honestly, anything that is either easy to make or can be eaten quickly. I could never have fruit as a midnight snack. It has to be something unhealthy lol

Chocolate alone, cocoa is healthy, it's the sugar added to the chocolate that's not healthy. added sugar is not healthy if it's too much. 30 grams/ 9 teaspoons of added sugar intake max for Men per day.

I also enjoy Chocolate as a midnight snack. I don't really like eating fruit at night as well. I prefer dry food like chips, crackers, chocolate, and cookies at night.

Chocolate alone, cocoa is healthy, it's the sugar added to the chocolate that's not healthy. added sugar is not healthy if it's too much. 30 grams/ 9 teaspoons of added sugar intake max for Men per day.
Yeah, it's crazy to see the warnings on the packaging as well which makes you realise how some basic products have high amounts of sugar. Do you guys have these types of labels in the US as well>

tl28jan.png

Reactions: cm2
The latest one is like in the video:

Sodium intake is also a major issue:
ong7OZx.png

Reactions: Ash
The latest one is like in the video:

Sodium intake is also a major issue:
ong7OZx.png
Very true but how much of that is dependent on whether it's convenient or healthy?

I like crackers or sugar but I don't do it every night when it's not convenient like say I'm gaming and food isn't in my room.

I like crackers or sugar but I don't do it every night when it's not convenient like say I'm gaming and food isn't in my room.
I never snacked whilst gaming, no food or drinks are allowed in my fighter's cockpit lol

Very true but how much of that is dependent on whether it's convenient or healthy?
When there's a will there's a way.

When I was a lot younger I had headaches, migraines, catching the flu easily, rather low stamina, getting the muscle fatigue easily, stuff like that. Then I started eating right, it's not easy at first, paying attention to the calorie, sodium, sugar, phosphorus,magnesium,potassium intakes, etc and vitamin and mineral intakes every day and at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. Then all those things started to go away. It's been around 15 years counting now since I started eating right + exercise and it's still good so far, I don't have migraines/headaches anymore, catching the flu easily or low stamina and getting the muscle fatigue easily again.

Last edited:

When I was a lot younger I had headaches, migraines, catching the flu easily, rather low stamina, getting the muscle fatigue easily, stuff like that. Then I started eating right, it's not easy at first, paying attention to the calorie, sodium, sugar, phosphorus,magnesium,potassium intakes, etc and vitamin and mineral intakes every day and at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. Then all those things started to go away. It's been around 15 years counting now since I started eating right + exercise and it's still good so far, I don't have migraines/headaches anymore, catching the flue easily or low stamina and getting the muscle fatigue easily again.
Because of my job and family, I get good meals and decent exercise but I do feel like I eat more than I should on the off times of the day. In general, I rarely get sick though so that must mean something.

When I was a lot younger I had headaches, migraines, catching the flu easily, rather low stamina, getting the muscle fatigue easily, stuff like that. Then I started eating right, it's not easy at first, paying attention to the calorie, sodium, sugar, phosphorus,magnesium,potassium intakes, etc and vitamin and mineral intakes every day and at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday. Then all those things started to go away. It's been around 15 years counting now since I started eating right + exercise and it's still good so far, I don't have migraines/headaches anymore, catching the flue easily or low stamina and getting the muscle fatigue easily again.
Truth! When I was training for the half marathon, exercising and fueling correctly was top priority. Since completion and slowing down I've been hit with a cold/sinus infection.

Back