PlayStation PS4 in final stage of lifecycle

They need to slow the hell down. The PS4 still feels relatively new, we don't need a new console for a few years still.
5 years already. Another 3 would make that 8 years, probably a year or so overlap would make that 7 years. I think that sounds about right, IMO. That said, I think the PS5 must absolutely have backwards compatibility with PS4 for it to be adopted.

5 years already. Another 3 would make that 8 years, probably a year or so overlap would make that 7 years. I think that sounds about right, IMO. That said, I think the PS5 must absolutely have backwards compatibility with PS4 for it to be adopted.

I still can't believe its been 5 years, but then again I'm just getting on the pro bandwagon right now.

I still can't believe its been 5 years, but then again I'm just getting on the pro bandwagon right now.
Yeah I think if someone buys a pro most of them will be hardcore PlayStation fans so they’re likely to get the PS5 quickly... so in my opinion it’s hard to justify going from a Pro to a PS5 as quickly as most people will likely have to. The midcycle refresh was/is a bit strange to me.

Yeah I think if someone buys a pro most of them will be hardcore PlayStation fans so they’re likely to get the PS5 quickly... so in my opinion it’s hard to justify going from a Pro to a PS5 as quickly as most people will likely have to. The midcycle refresh was/is a bit strange to me.

either hard core or like me who haven't made the jump yet. Waiting paid off.

I can't believe how quickly time goes by. Here I am thinking, "The PS4 is in its final stages? How is that possible?! It just came out!" And then I realized that it's been over five years since its release. I never owned a PlayStation 4, so in my mind it was still part of "the next generation," but now I see that it is quickly heading down the path of outdated tech.

I highly doubt that it'll happen this E3, but I guess there's a good chance that next E3, Sony will be revealing the PlayStation 5. I probably won't be buying it (PC master race and all that) but I'm curious to see the new hardware.

I highly doubt that it'll happen this E3, but I guess there's a good chance that next E3, Sony will be revealing the PlayStation 5. I probably won't be buying it (PC master race and all that) but I'm curious to see the new hardware.
Hmm last time they had their own special reveal thing aside from the gaming events. I think that will be the same this time around too, in 2 or so years.

These are actually some of the greatest times to get into a game console. If you get into a console when it first comes out there are hardly any games released for it. However, when a game console is almost at its end there are always a plethora of games available.

The other day I read on Wall Street Journal that PS 5 is still three years away. It is speculated that PS 5 will be availavle only in 2021. It is a long way to go.

Well, its been a good, long and successful run. This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. The release of a new console is inevitable. How it will look, perform and the features it'll have are exciting. I've always preferred PlayStation so I'm really looking forward to it. Of course, this shouldn't scare PS4 players either, even those with the original or Slim.

There will still be titles coming out for the PS4 for what I reckon will be close to half a decade, if not longer. Even when the very last game is released, you'll still have a million others to play so its really nothing to be worried about. Hell, I'd be just fine with buying the latest gen console even today. Just look at what has come out at E3 this year.

PS4 was really good, But every year have a new release of the console, And like Cellphone I will not be surprised if there is a new PS types

I have no problem with it entering it final life cycle,though I would have preferred the hold on a little longer but if not no problem as long as the continue to release good games for the system it fine by me.

Back