Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As reported by Global News, two individuals in Pickering, Ontario, Canada were attempting to sell four PlayStation 5 consoles to someone that they met through an undisclosed social media app on Thursday, January 6. At 7:45pm, the buyer showed up in a grey Nissan Altima being driven by someone else. The buyer then threatened the PS5 resellers with a gun, robbing them at gunpoint and fleeing the scene with all four consoles in tow.

Luckily no one was seriously hurt in this incident, but that hasn't been the case in the past. There have been numerous incidents where people have been hurt or even killed when attempting to sell or buy video game consoles from strangers they've met online and not usually a good idea.

Hopefully, the gunmen and getaway driver both get arrested.

I'm glad no one got hurt or killed. Maybe the police should allow people to use the police station's lobby to buy and sell items, so people are safer.

I don't want to laugh but I agree with Grungie. I hope the guys get caught for robbing someone but I hope those PS5s are long gone lol

Funny a scalper is gullible enough to have an agreement of sale that wouldn't be through an internet merchant. That totally sounds like something a Canadian would do. Next time I'd love to see a firefight so I recommend being armed buying AND selling.

Don't wanna be a Canadian idiot now wouldn't ye?

Funny a scalper is gullible enough to have an agreement of sale that wouldn't be through an internet merchant. That totally sounds like something a Canadian would do. Next time I'd love to see a firefight so I recommend being armed buying AND selling.

Don't wanna be a Canadian idiot now wouldn't ye?
Also, it would make them a target if they have shown how many consoles were in stock on a place like eBay. Then checking the address, then having someone look for it but I think it still would've been safer. Crazy how they don't crack down on those things and call it hoarding.

I wonder how much they were sellin the consoles for, for this to happen. If they actually were scalpers, I dont feel sorry for them.

I wonder how much they were sellin the consoles for, for this to happen. If they actually were scalpers, I dont feel sorry for them.
Literally, anything above market price because it's the desired product and the rich might buy it anyways. In fact, if they did and then donate them imagine how much nicer the world would be.

Back