PS6 on the radar?

Kat66!

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I looked up PS6 having a potential release of 2026 or 2027. Doesn't that seem too far off? Has anyone heard what types of features it could possibly have and do you think it will be modern enough by then compared to the current units? I think it would have to be exceptionally amazing to convince some to buy the newest PS machine.

That is if they don't tank with their Playstation Portal. They might have wished they reused some components from too many produced. We'll see what they can muster to compete with a poor decision like that.

2026 or 2027 isn’t too left field. 6-7 years for a console’s life span is normal.

Also, it’s not like you can’t buy PS5 games anymore the second the PS6 comes out.

I feel the PS6 could be released in 2026 if there are still many buyers who want to buy the PS6 for $500 or more in 2026.

They're probably seeing how much money they can get out of the PS5 before they move on to the PS6. If not that then I would say Covid pushed it back. I know console gaming increased during the Covid situation. You couldn't get a PS5 for the longest time.

I feel the PS6 could be release when it becomes more difficult to buy a large number of older style electronic parts like CPUs/Processors, video chips/GPUs, circuit board parts, cables, microchips, RAM chips, SSDs, and wi-fi chips to use for assembling PS5 consoles in the future.

That is if they don't tank with their Playstation Portal. They might have wished they reused some components from too many produced. We'll see what they can muster to compete with a poor decision like that.
The PS portal is hilarious, but I don't think this poses enough of a risk to the company, that it could cause it to go under. This is more like an experiment, and let's be honest here; they can afford the L they will take. The PS5 is dominating the console market right now.

That being said, the PS5 would likely get released in 2027, but unless that console does something groundbreaking; I'm talking: "Change the way we look at consoles forever" type s***, gamer are going to ignore the console.

Zoomers are getting older, and are rapidly becoming mobile -pay-to-win style gamers, and the big -fat- console you connect to a TV isn't as versatile as a phone. Gen Y is going to be an entirely different type of gamer, where the emphasis is less on graphics, and grinding endlessly for loot, and Apple/Google Play gift cards. The mobile device is becoming the new console, and the credit card the controller, and this is likely the whole premise behind that Playstation Portal, since the traditional fat console is no longer the next leap forward in gaming.

Back