PlayStation PSVita To End, No Successor For Now.

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
The-Walking-Dead-S2-Vita.jpg

The PlayStation Vita will end its production in 2019, Sony Interactive Entertainment senior vice president Hiroyuki Oda said in an interview with Famitsu at TGS 2018.

Here’s an excerpt from the interview:

Famitsu: Can we talk about the PlayStation Vita’s successor, handheld device developments?
Hiroyuki Oda, Sony Interactive Entertainment senior vice president: We currently do not have any plans to announce a new handheld device. As for the PlayStation Vita, we will continue its production through 2019 in Japan. Shipment will end afterwards.

It is unfortunate that the Vita will have a successor.

I think there maybe a Sony branded gaming smartphone which has a controller, and can play Sony games, and Android games.

I remember reading about this phone on a tech blog. I think it was disappointing that it does not have the ability to play cartridge games for the Vita.

I think if Sony released a more modern gaming smartphone which can also play Vita cartridge games, and newer cartridge games made for the phone, it may have some fans who also want to play Vita and Sony games instead of just Android games and game console emulators.

The problem with Android is that software update life time is too short.
Sony must provide the update, but Google make Android unusable on all old hardware, Sony can not change that.

I think Vita was not success because it has too many PS4 and PS3 ports, almost no exclusive.
Sony did not solve this problem, but instead made it more troublesome with Cross Play.

The problem with Android is that software update life time is too short.
Sony must provide the update, but Google make Android unusable on all old hardware, Sony can not change that.

Making a phone with two operating systems where you can choose to boot into Android and a custom Linux or Sony operating system may work at making a gaming smartphone which works better.

I think that's NG.
2 operating system = take double storage = less game installation.

There are smaller file size Linux distro. Tiny Core Linux and Puppy Linux which are smaller than 1 GB in file size.

I think Sony maybe able to create a lightweight gaming OS or modify an existing lightweight OS to use for gaming, and install the lightweight OS on a dual-boot smartphone with both Android, and an OS made mostly for gaming, and using a few apps like Twitch and game video recording software.

MicroSD cards are more affordable and larger in size, so users who need more space can install a bigger 256GB or larger MicroSD card in their MicroSD memory card slot on their phone.

There are smaller file size Linux distro. Tiny Core Linux and Puppy Linux which are smaller than 1 GB in file size.

I think Sony maybe able to create a lightweight gaming OS or modify an existing lightweight OS to use for gaming, and install the lightweight OS on a dual-boot smartphone with both Android, and an OS made mostly for gaming, and using a few apps like Twitch and game video recording software.

MicroSD cards are more affordable and larger in size, so users who need more space can install a bigger 256GB or larger MicroSD card in their MicroSD memory card slot on their phone.
OS for games has too much library for functioning of all game.
Same for video recording, and Twich is no Linux ver.

Can only be OS with game possibility, or lightweight OS, not both.

Back