[Q]If New York is really "NEW" where is Old York?

In England?

J/k

The Dutch were the first to settle the area now known as New York, in approximately 1624. The Dutch named it New Amsterdam, after the Dutch city of Amsterdam.

When New Amsterdam came under the control of the British in 1664, it was renamed New York in honor of the Duke of York, who received the land as a gift from his older brother, King Charles II.

York is a relatively small city in England. :)
"The grand old Duke of York, he had 10,000 men,
he marched them up to the top of the hill, and he marched them down again.'" :)

Well guess that this was solved. And surprisingly there was no jokes, but straight answers. Also, Mods try your new Godly best Answer powers on this one. ^_^

Well guess that this was solved. And surprisingly there was no jokes, but straight answers. Also, Mods try your new Godly best Answer powers on this one. ^_^

Holy mother of god, how did I miss this thread?

Best answer incoming:

It's new, because originally, all cities in North America were called "New XXX", AmericanZ used to delete the "new" after 100 years have passed since it's creation, while deleting all traces of it, killing everyone who knew about it.

BUT, Americans got lazy and lazier as time went trough, so they forgot to change the "new"s every 100 years.

The.End.

trick question its under new york*it never existed**note: christmas is cancelledapperantly you told santa you where good this yearhe died laughing*literally*

^note: learn to typeproperly and put spaceswhere they areneeded

New York was totally new... over 220 years ago.

New York was admitted on July 26, 1788, and when it was admitted, it became the 11th state

The senior US Senator is Charles Schumer. Does Donkey Kong Land Returns exist? At the moment, it's just a rumour.

This poem sucks, I admit it, but then if you're about to lose on MArio Kart 7 online, don't quit it.

When the hell does this atrocity stop? When I finish my lollipop

When did the cows eat the pie, the day that I uncovered the mask of a Shy Guy.

NintenDan is awesome, and everyone cares.......................... um......... bears.

Speaking of which, a poem that has a rhyming couplet where the second line is only one or two syllables... imagine that...

1st line: So, I was walking up the road one day, and then I decided to go back, so I saw the weather forecast, and it said more heavy rain.

2nd line: Again?

What?

I'm no poet, and don't I know it.

I'm no poet, and don't I know it.

But your feet don't show it. They're not long fellows.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG that gift... that is the coalest thing ever!
econ_coal18__01__630x420.jpg

Back