Quality Assurance

Thexx

Tiger21820: Inappropriate custom title
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm looking into becoming a quality assurance tester (preferably for Nintendo), but I'm not sure exactly what I should put on a resume aside from the obvious game time and experience with video games. I'm also planning to try and get into one of the programs with Full Sail University for either coding or design. Other than those things what would you put into a resume for this sort of position?

._.
Dude..i dont think anyone here knows.Its best if ask Nintendo..not the customer support...but like the QA thingy.
Sorry i couldnt help xD

Wait, is that essentially a game tester? If so, then I don't think you need too much on your resume other than experience with video games, which is probably the most important thing to put on your resume. If not, then I don't know what a quality assurance tester is, and I don't know what to put on your resume.

Yeah it is a game tester lol, and I don't want to just put my gaming experience on the resume. It needs more than that. I'm thinking technical knowledge and computer knowledge. I'll probably end up asking Nintendo what they look for in a QA tester through email but I thought if ask here before making contact with them.

I heard being a QA game tester is awful because once playing video games becomes a job, it stops being a hobby. Gaming is no longer fun and you'll look forward to putting down a controller until work the next day.

I heard being a QA game tester is awful because once playing video games becomes a job, it stops being a hobby. Gaming is no longer fun and you'll look forward to putting down a controller until work the next day.

Hmm... That's an interesting take on it. I definitely could see that happening.

Well I'm looking at it as a foot in the door. So I could possibly move on to coding or design

You need good writing skills since testers write many reports, so any experience you have there would be good to mention.

i think if there are openings for game testers, most companies will tell you what you're looking for and you can build up the strengths of your resume based on what they're looking for. it's just one example, but you can find game tester job listings here if you'd like to review them and get an idea: http://careersearch.ea.com/search/game-tester. i can't speak for what nintendo might want, of course, but you should be able to find some guidance as to what to put in your resume from the company/job listing itself.

also, if i'm not mistaken, i think game testing and QA are separate things, but i could be wrong i suppose.

The only job available with them is in Tokyo for Game Testing, but QA with nintendo means testing their products and features including apps and games.

Back