Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Radical Entertainment, the twenty-year-old game studio behind games like Prototype and Scarface, has shut its doors.
Audio designer Rob Bridgett, formerly of the Vancouver-based studio, confirmed the news on Twitter today.

Update: When reached for comment, Radical parent company Activision sent Kotaku the following statement:

Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff. As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward.

source

that sucks, prototype was a fun game.

Prototype 2 was not as good as the original. So freaking short. My friend Platinum'd the game in give or take 2 days, or a total of 12 hours play time.

Oh,you Platinum'd that? I never got a chance to buy it. Too expensive for what it's worth in my opinion. Waiting on a sale/price drop. Hell, a used copy would be great.

Back