LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
My God this game is addicting. I decided to try it out since there has been a lot of hype around it recently, and I was actually addicted to it enough to drop Dark Souls Remastered for a couple of days. The crafting/survival simulator genre has been driven into the ground, but I feel like this was a really refreshing take on it.

The item gathering system is really satisfying, and the interaction of gameplay/environment really inspires some genuine emotions. For example, seeing nothing but open water for a long time, it's genuinely exciting to find an island where you can drop the anchor and gather up some new resources. Or when you hear the sound of the shark taking a bite out of your raft, it actually gives you this sense of real urgency. You want to get over there as fast as possible and stab the jerk because he might be taking a chomp out of something important.

My only complaint is that there isn't much to do once you've researched and crafted most of the items. I stopped playing after I had crafted everything because I didn't feel much incentive to continue. I'll probably be returning to it once there are some new updates, which are obviously to be expected as it's still in early access.

I really like this game 1 of my favorite youtuber play this game and I was amazed the game was about survival and I like survival games not on horror games but I really like the graphics there is sharks and you need to stop on an Island I really like this game soon I will play it.

Is this mainly focuses on survival strategies? or this game needs a critical thinking? Is this free to play on steam or a paid one? Hope I can play this game now because it seems that it is a tough survival game. Excited to try this one!

Is this mainly focuses on survival strategies? or this game needs a critical thinking?

I don't think I'd say this game relies all too much on critical thinking. You honestly have an infinite supply of crafting materials as there are debris constantly floating by your raft, available for you to pick up. More than anything I'd say it's about patience. One could say some degree of critical thinking is involved as you want to be prepared to be able to anchor by an island to gather rare resources, as opposed to just floating by.

But otherwise, like I said, it's more about having the patience to gather the resources as they float by. Once you have the basics established, like building a water purifier, cooking station, and a fishing pole, the biggest survival strategy you need to keep in mind is to just have wood and food reserves for when your energy gets low.

This game remain a nice game to me its really nice survival game you need to build things to survive and kill sharks are really cool.

I don't think I'd say this game relies all too much on critical thinking. You honestly have an infinite supply of crafting materials as there are debris constantly floating by your raft, available for you to pick up. More than anything I'd say it's about patience. One could say some degree of critical thinking is involved as you want to be prepared to be able to anchor by an island to gather rare resources, as opposed to just floating by.

But otherwise, like I said, it's more about having the patience to gather the resources as they float by. Once you have the basics established, like building a water purifier, cooking station, and a fishing pole, the biggest survival strategy you need to keep in mind is to just have wood and food reserves for when your energy gets low.

It's more focuses on surviving using a boat but I like what you've said that this game needs more patience since you will build essential things to use. Is this like the game The Forest?

Back