Rare were officially too dumb to live (DS game related)

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
And it's related to Diddy Kong Racing DS. That's a fine game, but... are you ready for the shocking reveal of a lifetime?

They apparently turned down BOTH Donkey Kong Country 4 and a DS Banjo Kazooie sequel to work on it. You know, the game people waited about TEN years for... Sorry, that's depressing. Also, while the Banjo Kazooie game was technically meant to be a sequel to Grunty's Revenge on GBA, it would have had 3D graphics but a fixed camera like Mario 3D Land or Luigi's Mansion.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnaXvRQttI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Note the third comment down, from a developer who worked at Rare.

Does this revelation kind of depress anyone else?

OMG. OMFG. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the best games ever released? How could Rare betray us like that? I really enjoyed the Series, and I'll never stop waiting until a GOOD BK is released...amen.​

crying.gif
I hope they make them for 3ds!

Did they WANT to lose potential money?

Having recently cleared BOTH Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie TWICE in the past 6 months on the Xbox 360's Arcade, and having thoroughly enjoyed them both... This is rather depressing. Considering the fact that Banjo wasn't even in the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing due to obvious reasons, that's a bit... Lame. I guess they didn't get as much as they could of if they made the other two. Or even one of the other two. Would've been better then some silly remake in my opinion. I believe they threw themselves out of some serious cash right there.

OMG. OMFG. Banjo-Kazooie was one of the best games ever released? How could Rare betray us like that? I really enjoyed the Series, and I'll never stop waiting until a GOOD BK is released...amen.

Rare betrayed us when they made Nuts and Bolts. It's not a bad game, but it doesn't feel like Banjo-Kazooie.​

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Trivia: Grunty's Revenge Came between Banjo-kazooie and banjo-tooie in the timeline. You could even call it "Banjo-One and a halfy" for that matter.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I sure hope they come up with a REAL "Banjo-Threeie" for the 3DS and that they think about the damage they may have just brought upon themselves when they made that deadly comment.[/font]

What a horrible horrible stupid decision on their part. It's like they want their company to go under.

Nice job passing up on two of the few games that made you so popular anyways.

I'd be willing to bet Rare, unless does something seriously major, will tank in the next five years.

So, who wants to hold a bet on this? For how long Rare stays in business under Microsoft's ownership?

Back