Rayman 3D is the current 3DS bestseller?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/31480/uk-charts-rayman-3d-is-new-3ds-number-one/

That's some pretty poor taste they've got there. I mean, it's current outdoing both Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D, and quite weirdly, even the recently released FIFA game.

Why is a game with a fairly mediocre reception (a poor port of the excellent Playstation game), that came out near launch, suddenly on top of the charts? It only got 64% on Game Rankings! Heck, I'd understand if the original version was doing fantastically, but what do people see in such a poorly made port?

Thoughts?

because it might be a similar type of game to mario ...idk to be honest

wow... i played that... i was an incredibly poor port of the game. It was really glitchy as well.

The game is more accessible for everyone. Some people may not enjoy OoT type of games as they may perceive it to be difficult or don't like solving puzzles.

I have Rayman 3D (got it as a present-wouldn't have bought it otherwise). It's not a bad game. And also the 3D effect works really well in this game (the best I've seen so far for a 3DS game).

The game is more accessible for everyone. Some people may not enjoy OoT type of games as they may perceive it to be difficult or don't like solving puzzles.

I have Rayman 3D (got it as a present-wouldn't have bought it otherwise). It's not a bad game. And also the 3D effect works really well in this game (the best I've seen so far for a 3DS game).
Not only that... but it was one of the first release titles out there.

Shouldn't that count against it though? If it was a strong seller, where were these sales in the first six months on the market? Games usually don't magically start selling after a few months.

People also don't start magically buying handheld systems priced at 250$ either. It's hard to believe the game sold more that OoT3D. I want Oot3D, but i don't want to spend 40$ just to get it. It surprises me though still. Rayman 3D, as stated before, was poorly ported and had dozens of graphical and physical glitches. Glowing balls were cut in half and swapped in position. Firing at flying bombs sometimes don't affect them. They also finally decided to remix the music... and boy, they ruined the music. If being one of the first release titles wasn't the case, then I have no idea what made this occur.

I bought it recently. Mostly because it was more than half-price, and also because I got tired waiting for Sonic, Mario and other games, and with the general lack of other options at the time, I didn't have much choice.

I never played the original, but so far I find the 3DS port a pleasant enough experience. There may be glitches, but I haven't noticed them. I agree that it's one of the better looking games in terms of the 3D effect, but the graphics do show their age. I like the visual style, but the execution leaves everything looking like it's made out of folded paper. The geometry is very basic.

Just the same, I do seem to be having more fun with it than anything else at the moment.

Back