froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Unboxing the Razer Phone. The first phone from Razer simply titled "Razer Phone". The Razer Phone features several smartphone firsts including the first 120Hz display and the likely the best speakers ever on a smartphone. The Razer Phone also features a Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB Ram and dual 12-megapixel cameras (one wide, one telephoto). Positioned as a gaming smartphone I think the Razer Phone will have mass appeal. It's got a simple matte black design and solid build. Razer was able to pack the fingerprint scanner into the frame as a combo power/lock/fingerprint switch. This unusual implementation proves to be quite convenient. The display isn't as bright as OLED and the camera app leaves something to be desired but the overall package is quite compelling. I'll be inserting my SIM into the Razer Phone and using it as my new daily driver for a while.

Source

It looks like a good phone for mobile gaming. I like the 8GB of RAM, and support for MicroSD. The CPU and video chip looks fast. I wonder if it is possible to use a custom ROM on this phone, and still set the display to 120 Hz, and use other features on the phone like the fingerprint reader.

looks rather cool looking.

Back