Really Youtube? You messed up comments now?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Apparently you now can't reply to any comment made before the new comment system was put into place.

So guess what? Now when I go on Youtube and for some reason want to help someone, I can't. All because some lazy tech guys decided that properly importing all the old comments into the new system was too much work.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Apparently I can't even comment on videos without linking my YouTube account to my Google + ... which I never use. And basically this is what happens, for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMtKt04QKY#t=5

That video missed one other point... It took me THREE tries today logged IN with Google+ to be able to type in the comments block under that video. I kept clicking and that pop-up balloon kept coming up. I clicked "ok" and it came up again when clicking in the comment block. Finally, after 3 tries it left me the little blinking bar saying I could type. As for your pic... yeah, it takes like 30 minutes for it to show up at LEAST after changing over. I did all this trash last week.

I can't check comments or notifications as I don't even know my google+ account... I don't even recall MAKING one.

I linked my stupid Youtube account to Google + and now I can't figure out how to get all my old favorite videos back... I guess the over 400 favorites I had before are lost forever! :/

Apparently I can't even comment on videos without linking my YouTube account to my Google + ... which I never use. And basically this is what happens, for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMtKt04QKY#t=5

That video missed one other point... It took me THREE tries today logged IN with Google+ to be able to type in the comments block under that video. I kept clicking and that pop-up balloon kept coming up. I clicked "ok" and it came up again when clicking in the comment block. Finally, after 3 tries it left me the little blinking bar saying I could type. As for your pic... yeah, it takes like 30 minutes for it to show up at LEAST after changing over. I did all this trash last week.

I can't check comments or notifications as I don't even know my google+ account... I don't even recall MAKING one.

They make it for you when you join Google.

I set all my stuff up so now I'm on google+. :squint: My life is ruined.

Okay, so now apparently if you don't use Google +, you can't comment on anything at all.

So great. Nice job completely killing Youtube Google. I honestly hope your company fails sooner rather than later, just people can look on at all the business killing decisions you've made and learn never to make the same mistakes ever again.

Someone so needs to come up with a good Youtube replacement. One with no corporate oversight, no social network crap, just videos, comments, subscriptions, etc.

Google Will never die. They're too big and too successful. Let's hope they do not alter it further.

Maybe not Google, but I wouldn't be surprised if Youtube did soon.

All we need is one last... 'push', and I suspect an independently run video site could completely destroy it in popularity simply by offering a good service.

I actually like the new system because a lot of the spam is gone and it's much harder for flamers to be anonymous. I linked my youtube to google + ages ago and I don't really have anything to complain about..
Y+know+I+agree+with+this+man.+And+I+ll+post+as+_8ec8e71fd4e94291cd9fa9b13ee1ed09.jpg

Back