Rely on technology?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Are we depending on technology too much? Why or why not? Is it just the natural order of things/

I think we are relying too much on technology for talking to people rather than face to face in-person conversations.

But, the earth will have fewer trees if everyone use paper to print out many letters to mail to people to read instead of using an e-mail or text message to send to someone to read a message like "I'll be late.".

Yes, look at any kid today for the reason.

It's bad if it gets abused like kids using them too much cus their parents are busy and using technology to keep their children occupied. But for me proper use of technology like learning from youtube is healthy. :p

Anyway saw this meme...

48181021_1449215495217623_8546155204372856832_n.jpg

It's bad if it gets abused like kids using them too much cus their parents are busy and using technology to keep their children occupied. But for me proper use of technology like learning from youtube is healthy. :p

Anyway saw this meme...

48181021_1449215495217623_8546155204372856832_n.jpg

I agree online tutorial videos, eBooks, educational websites, educational games, and apps can be good for learning about different topics, and using the internet is more affordable than taking college courses which can cost hundreds to thousands of US Dollars which many people can't afford.

I think some tech products like drones/remote controlled aircraft toys, toy robots, and electric bikes can be good since you can learn about physics, batteries, electric motors, and electronics, and they don't create toxic smoke from the burning of gas and chemicals like gas powered scooters, fireworks, and toys like toy rockets.

We are relying on technology quite a bit.
Everything we use google to get the info, most of the time. We use GPS or our phones to make calls and go to places....well, technology is a major part of our life now.

We are relying on technology quite a bit.
Everything we use google to get the info, most of the time. We use GPS or our phones to make calls and go to places....well, technology is a major part of our life now.

I think one of the reasons people are relying on technology more is because many people are poor, so things like books, paper, pens, pencils, magazines, and newspapers are expensive for someone who don't have a job. Using the free computers and internet connection at the library maybe the only way for some poor people to look to see which businesses are hiring.

I remember in the past people use to spend thousands of dollars on books like a full set of encyclopedias, maps, and expensive long distance phone calls if they need to phone someone in another country. Newspapers can become somewhat expensive.

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons people are relying on technology more is because many people are poor, so things like books, paper, pens, pencils, magazines, and newspapers are expensive for someone who don't have a job. Using the free computers and internet connection at the library maybe the only way for some poor people to look to see which businesses are hiring.

I remember in the past people use to spend thousands of dollars on books like a full set of encyclopedias, maps, and expensive long distance phone calls if they need to phone someone in another country. Newspapers can become somewhat
Uh....I believe we are relying on technology because it's easy.
we can find stuff we want within seconds rather than searching for it in a book.

Uh....I believe we are relying on technology because it's easy.
we can find stuff we want within seconds rather than searching for it in a book.

That is true technology is convenient.

I feel some poor people use computers and the internet because it is free to use at school, libraries, and cheap to use at an internet cafe. A good used computer can be bought for $100 or less, and basic low-speed internet service can be as cheap as $10 to $30, or free if the government offer free internet for the poor.

I notice books in the library sometimes have missing pages, unreadable text because the ink is missing/rubbed off, the page is ripped, so books sometimes are unreliable.

There are also not as many books stores these days which sell books for affordable prices.

Back