Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What video game from past Nintendo consoles would you like to see remade for Wii U?

Many old Gamecube titles. I don't know if they will release them for Virtual Console, but I'd rather see HD remakes of games like Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Super Metroid is at the top of my list.

Others include

Donky Kong Country
Super Mario World
and
Super Mario 64

Actually, none. I think they should start making new games instead of remaking old games with enhances graphics.

I'm going to have to agree with Marc on this one.

Nintendo needs to stop trying to relive it's past with remakes of older games and just make new games. 

Don't get me wrong, having collections and remakes of old games is nice to introduce new gamers to older titles... But they shouldn't be your major selling point. (Like there for a while when the 3DS' strongest game was yet another remake of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. )

New games and IPs are crucial to the success of a platform. 

VirusZero said:
I'm going to have to agree with Marc on this one.

Nintendo needs to stop trying to relive it's past with remakes of older games and just make new games. 

Wait, how many games has nintendo remade lately?

You guys make it sound like Nintendo is spamming remakes or something so could someone please post a list of the games remade by nintendo lately?

I honestly don't remember hearing about to many remakes from them as of late but I could have missed them.

"You guys" make it sound like Nintendo is spamming remakes or something
It did sound like that, I must admit (this "start" word -_-'), but I was replying to DS's question. I want to see new games instead of remakes.

But here is a list of old games that received a 3DS version (ignoring publishers/developers - Nintendo is a publisher) :

-> Star Fox 64 3D
-> The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
-> Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-> Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
-> Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Those are all good 3DS games and there might be more but I'm lazy, so yeah.

Most of the Wii U games aren't worth looking at (best games coming out in 2014). One Wii U game is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Considering the limited number of "good" Wii U games, it's best to make new games that people would play instead of a remake with enhanced graphics and other minor additions. Chances are Joe already played that game. A good example is DS himself when he first heard about Wind Waker HD, >_>

Back