Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
No official info yet from Capcom, but read from dualshockers and Video Games Chronicle:

Capcom has greenlit the development of the cult classic. The game has entered full productions and has an estimated release window of 2022.

M-Two, the new studio that was founded by PlatnumGames head Tatsuya Minami, will be leading the development. It has been prepping for the task since back in 2018. Capcom’s internal teams along with some external studios will more than likely support in some ways.

Shinji Mikami, the original director of the game has given his blessing for the remake to start production. However, he did turn down an offer to lead the development himself. He did provide the developers with some direction though.

Resident Evil 4 is widely known for not only being one of the greatest survival horror games of all time, but one of the greatest games ever made. The switch to an over the shoulder perspective was an absolute game-changer and is still being widely used in many games today. It revolutionized the genre and possibly saved the Resident Evil franchise.

I was hoping for a Code Veronica remake before RE4, since it has something to do with Umbrella. RE4 was a great game please don't get me wrong.

Reactions: cm2
Read an update from Dualshockers:

It appears as though the long-awaited Resident Evil 4 Remake in development at Capcom is about to undergo some big behind-the-scenes changes.

M-Two studio has seen its role be “significantly reduced” due to disagreements over its direction according to individuals with knowledge of the project. Capcom Divison 1, an internal team at the company that conducted development on Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games, will be taking the reigns of the project from here on out.

VGC reports that the disagreements stemmed from the fact that Capcom’s production team would prefer to see the remake be more faithful to the original with a new take on features, story elements, and environments. M-Two seemingly wanted the game to go down the route of the Resident Evil 3 remake, which saw the exclusion of some parts that were in the original PlayStation version of the game. This partial reboot of the game can reportedly see the game be pushed back to as late as 2023.

It's already been re-released so many times... I love the game but can't say I'm too excited for this one. Would rather see Code Veronica or Resident Evil Zero

Back