Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from dualshockers and deadline that Netflix is developing a RE TV series. I don't like the live action movies of it, but I am going to wait and see for this one... :

In a report from Deadline, details emerged that Netflix appears to be in development on a Resident Evil TV series based on the long-running game series from Capcom, which will apparently be produced as a Netflix Original Series.

While exact details on the series are still scarce at the moment, Deadline‘s report includes that the series will apparently be produced by Constantin Film, which was the German production company that was behind the Resident Evil movies. At the moment, Netflix appears to be searching for a showrunner for the series to begin shaping its creative vision.

Other details that Deadline shared on the reported production say that the series will “expand the Resident Evil universe and deepen the [existing] mythology,” and that the series will “explore the dark inner workings of the Umbrella Corporation and the new world order caused by the outbreak of the T-virus.” Though no specific plot points have yet been unveiled for the project, the report details that the series will “incorporate all of Resident Evil’s signature elements,” such as numerous action sequences and easter eggs calling back to the franchise’s history.

Read a leak from dualshockers:

A description for the upcoming Resident Evil TV series made its way onto Netflix’s Media Center website, which typically features press releases and other information on its upcoming projects and shows for media outlets:

According to the description, the setting of the Netflix Resident Evil series will take place in the town of Clearfield, MD, and that the show will seemingly revolve somewhere around Washington, DC and two other locations — the series’ infamous Umbrella Corporation and the “decommissioned Greenwood Asylum.” The description from Netflix’s Media Center also explains that the series seemingly will take place “twenty-six years after the discovery of the T-Virus,” and that secrets held at those three central locations will “start to be revealed at the first signs of outbreak.”

Haven't they made enough of these movies? Don't get me wrong, I liked the movies but I don't want them wearing it out because they keep doing it too much.

Read more stuff on it:

The official Netflix synopsis is as follows:

In the first timeline, 14-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world.
Cut to the second timeline, well over a decade into the future: there are less than fifteen million people left on Earth. And more than six billion monsters — people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past — about her sister, her father and herself — continue to haunt her

According to Netflix, the first season will consist of eight one-hour episodes written by Supernatural’s Andrew Dabban, with the first two episodes directed by Bronwen Hughes, who’s also directed episodes of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.

I will definitely be tuning in. I actually really liked the character Albert Wesker - curious to see what Netflix does with the story with his daughter.

I watched the 4 part mini series that came out last year, that was well done for a mainly CGI show. Gory, told the story perfectly. I wonder if this is gonna be as gory as the movies.

Saw new trailer, looks bad:

and It's cancelled, not surprising lol it's bad:

Netflix’s Resident Evil live-action adaptation is cancelled. The news broke early on August 26, 2022, when Deadline reported that the streaming giant opted not to renew the show. The series, which is loosely based on the Resident Evil games, debuted on July 14, 2022. According to Deadline‘s report, the show did not perform to expectations. As viewing metrics versus production costs are Netflix’s main criteria when making renewal decisions, Resident Evil got the axe.

I heard it wasn't a good TV series. I decided not to watch it. Even the game too, I'm losing interest in it.

Back