Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
After 13 years of production, today the last shipment of PS2 of left for Japanese stores with international units no doubt on their last shipment as well.

Since it's first release on March 4, 2000 the PS2 system has sold over 150 million units. Being 13 years old it was the biggest-selling home video game console of all time.

RIP Playstation 2.

Who needs the PS2 when we have the big brother PS3?
Then again, the PS2 might be dirt cheap around this time, so people might rush and purchase the remaining retail units that's available.

well the PS2 certainly did prove itself to be the greatest and most popular system of all time in my opinion.

13 years and 150 million sold is a pretty great legacy to leave behind.

So may it rest in peace, its greatness will not be forgotten.

Well; s[background=rgb(28, 28, 28)]till.... wha[/background][background=rgb(28, 28, 28)]t a [/background][background=rgb(28, 28, 28)]tragic loss here or [/background][background=rgb(28, 28, 28)]there for me eh?[/background]

too bad big bro PS3 wishes it could have a quarter of the success the PS2 had.

Lol couldn't agree more.

PS3 as far as sales and popularity goes pales in comparison to its "little bro" PS2.

I highly doubt it would ever reach the same caliber of legacy the PS2 has achieved.

Al the consoles basiclly fail to compare to the PS2's sales, so that's not really fair saying only the PS3 isn't as successful. Plus the PS3 itself is the bette console, even better when it has backwards compatibility. Regardless, the PS2 is awesome, and had the birth of Kingdom Hearts. RIP. Also, I feel old...

The end of a spectacular era. So many innovative and addicting games... The PS2 was my favorite console, hands down. SOCOM 2, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Max Payne, Twisted Metal and Tekken to name a few of the titles/franchises I fell in love with on that console.

Mine stopped working so many times (I had mine from opening launch day as my dad worked for ToysR'Us at the time- a kid's dream come true I know) that it became a routine to open it up and fix it myself. All worth it for a system like the PS2.

RIP.

Back