PS3 Rock Candy controllers

JustHatched

Credits
Anyone else have issues with these things not working after about a month? I have bout 3 for my PS3 and all have crapped out on me. I didn't know if they were just junk of if I am just to rough with them (no I don't throw my controllers)

I think when it comes to controllers you should always go first party. I've never had good luck with any 3rd party controllers I've ever used. They always break down in a short time (usually the analogue stick is what dies first, it gets weak and then always pushes to one direction) and become worthless. From a financial standpoint you're not actually saving anything either since if those 3rd party controllers are $25-$30 and you have to replace them twice you've already spent more than buying an actual 1st party controller. So I'd suggest just skipping the 3rd party part and just buying 1st party to begin with. Sure it's a bit more expensive, but it's actually going to last you.

As an aside... Sony makes pretty good controllers. I've had my PS3 controller since 2009, since I bought it new along with Ghostbusters: The Videogame, and it still works like new. And I've put hundreds of hours on it easily. My PS2 controller is in a similar situation. (Except I got it in 2004...)

They say you get what you buy and from looking up Rock Candy controllers, most people report them breaking or stop working within a few months.

In short, not a brand to be buying.

They probably have a warranty, but now what kind of warranty is the question. They might only have a 30 day one... Which if your controller lasts 2 months (~60 days) means you're out of luck. So in that case there's really no point in trying to go through warranty.

Though they don't really care about returns either so long as they keep selling the product. I mean what they make them for is cheap compared to what they actually sell them for. (It might take them like $5 to make a controller but they then sell it for like $30. Even if they have to pay shipping and game stores get a cut of the money for selling it... they still make more than enough that they don't care.)

Take a listen to one former EBgames (Gamestop for you in America) worker and what he had to say about this type thing...

Alot of factories do that, it's much cheaper to send out a replacement than to fix something. The cost to pay someone to find the problem and fix it is higher than the cost of just shoving out a new one.

They probably have a warranty, but now what kind of warranty is the question. They might only have a 30 day one... Which if your controller lasts 2 months (~60 days) means you're out of luck. So in that case there's really no point in trying to go through warranty.

Though they don't really care about returns either so long as they keep selling the product. I mean what they make them for is cheap compared to what they actually sell them for. (It might take them like $5 to make a controller but they then sell it for like $30. Even if they have to pay shipping and game stores get a cut of the money for selling it... they still make more than enough that they don't care.)

Take a listen to one former EBgames (Gamestop for you in America) worker and what he had to say about this type thing...

Saw that video before, pretty good. We also did have EB games here in the states.

Back