froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Espoo, Finland-based Rovio has published another book, and this time it’s about the story of how Angry Birds came to be.

accj5.jpg

If you’re a fan and that sounds like a must-read to you, know that you’ll need to fork over $32.55 or £29.99 to buy the book on Amazon.

In 2012, Rovio booked sales of €152.2 million or $195 million – this book might add a few hundreds of millions of euros to its bottom line in no time. That is, if enough people are sufficiently insane to buy it.

Source

I'm surprise that the book publish in 2012 earned $195 million dollars. This book sounds good for Angry Birds fans.

Damn that's expensive for a book about... Angry Birds. I would buy it if I wasn't broke because it'd be interesting to read about how the idea started and how it's progressed to what it is today.

I'd love to buy it but obviously the price is bumped up purely for the branding and I couldn't justify that much money on it personally. I bet it's awesome to have in a collection for fans though!

I wonder if it is a hard cover book, and if all the images are in color.

A lot of hard cover books with colored pictures like Graphic Novels cost a lot of money. I think even the Harry Potter Hard cover books cost a lot for a text-only book. Color ink isn't cheap compared to black ink.

It is crazy how much of a worldwide brand Angry Birds has become. I spent time all over the world and even in the poorest countries they are wearing Angry Birds merchandise. I have no Internet in the books or cartoons. I have even grown tired of the game and barely played the last few updates.

Back