froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

I wonder if Apple's cheaper Apple TV would be fast enough to play Apple Arcade iOS games, and have enough storage space to install a few games on the cheaper Apple TV's internal storage drive for playing offline games on the device unlike online game streaming like Google Stadia and Xbox Cloud game streaming which need a fast and reliable internet connection.

I think making a more affordable Apple TV device will convince more average and frugal people to buy the cheaper Apple TV instead of a Roku, Chromecast, or Fire TV which may not have some content like movies, tv shows, music, apps, and games which may only be available on Apple iTunes, and users may want to use services like Apple Music, itunes, iCloud, iMessage, the Apple App store, etc on Apple TV.

Some users with less money can only afford an Apple TV device, and can't afford Apple's more expensive devices like the iPad. The Apple TV is the only new Apple device which many poorer buyers can afford to buy to use to consume Apple exclusive movies, tv shows, games, apps, and also use apps and services like iCloud and Siri voice assistant.

Last edited:
I feel like Apple had plans for this so they can reach a broader audience and get more money. Even sold at a loss they can have you pay for certain games and break even on their higher-end stuff.

I think more people will be able to afford a cheaper Apple TV, but a cheaper Apple TV will cost many dollars more than a Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.

The content like games, movies, apps, and services may cost more on Apple iTunes than alternative Apps and online content stores like Google Play, and Amazon Prime.

Affordable? Apple? Please, like that happen.

I think Apple may eventually release more affordable products if a lot more people are choosing to buy more affordable tech brands like the Amazon Fire TV stick or Walmart Onn Streaming TV box instead of the Apple TV. Apple can make more money by selling digital content like movies, tv shows, music games, apps, and accessories like remote controls, game controllers, and video port adapters.

In the future, there may not always be millions of luxury tech buyers who are willing to spend over $100 on the current Apple TV settop boxes which cost over $140 because they need to pay off their debt, and inflation is causing them to spend more money on food, housing, transportation, medicine, school supplies, gas, and other expenses.

Back