Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

A new report claims that a PlayStation 5 Pro console could be arriving as soon as late 2023.

The report originates from the YouTube channel RedGamingTech, an outlet covering PC and console hardware news with a reputation for AMD scoops. According to RedGamingTech, Sony is currently developing a PlayStation 5 Pro console with a tentative release window of late 2023 or early 2024. Another source told them that 2024 was the correct time frame for the PS5 Pro's release.

Further, multiple sources are said to have provided early details on the PS5 Pro's hardware and performance. The PS5 Pro's standard performance should improve around 2x over the PS5, while ray tracing performance could improve by 2.5x. The AMD chip is said to be built on the company's 5nm process, though one source did say it was actually made using the 4nm process. The PS5 Pro's focus will have a reinvigorated focus on ray tracing, as well as robust support for its virtual reality headset.

While standing by their sources, RedGamingTech does acknowledge that some of what they've heard does clash with details learned about the PlayStation 5 Slim. The slimmer PS5 is rumored to be releasing around the same time, using chip factories that would likely be used for PS5 Pro chips if it was in development. Plans can always be changed and sources may not always be reliable or correct so take everything with a grain of salt.

I can see it happening but I'd never use it for how slow it would be to download and potentially update games with large filesize. Also that they lost some interest in potential exclusivity from that Microsoft buyout I think only loyal users of the console would get it.

I feel like it might get delayed slightly because of the supply problems. I would imagine they want more people to have the base PS5 first before advertising a Pro version

I feel like it might get delayed slightly because of the supply problems. I would imagine they want more people to have the base PS5 first before advertising a Pro version

Depends on how PS5 stock resolves itself this year. If I still don't see it on the shelves by the end of the year, then I expect the Slim/pro versions to hit 2024.

I think if a lot of people are willing to pay more for a PS5 Pro, or rather buy the PS5 Pro instead of the PS5, Sony may release it sooner to get more buyers.

Back