Rumored Wii U Release Date

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
So, several sources are claiming the Wii U will be launched on November 18th (2012). This has been reported by both GameStop and EuroGamer, but the story seems to originate from Wii U Daily, a less credible site who claims to have gotten this info from a Japanese retailer. Neither Nintendo nor Wii U Daily will comment on this.

What do YOU think? The date makes sense to me, but I don't trust them so... who knows?

It would definitely make sense that they would want it out for the Christmas season, but I would expect an official statement from Nintendo before any other news sites.

Let me just check ONE thing...

November 18, 2012 is a Sunday.
Nintendo products are NORMALLY released on a Sunday (heck AFAIK only Star Fox 64 3D and Kid Icarus were NOT released on Sunday... and that's including every Nintendo console or game since at least the GameCube was released, if not the N64).

So, at least, if they did make it up, they at least chose a logical date. November 18, 2012 is a Sunday. Therefore, it's logical. Not necessarily correct. It's also "within the holiday season" ... sort of. Or at least not far from it. I'm not from the US, but don't you usually count the 'holiday season' as starting around Thanksgiving? This year, it'll be November 22, so ... yeah, November 18 sounds... logical.

Remember... logical, not necessarily correct.

I'd agree with TheUltimateKoopa. The date seems about right, but that doesn't mean it's correct.
Personally, I don't think Nintendo have even decided on a set date yet, so there's no way an accurate one could be leaked (unless it turns out to be correct by pure coincidence, of course).

Sorry for the bump but tonight the G4 channel show Attack of the Show kinda confirmed the Nov 18 date, but this is Nintendo we are talking about, they might just screw us all and change the date.

Sorry for the bump but tonight the G4 channel show Attack of the Show kinda confirmed the Nov 18 date, but this is Nintendo we are talking about, they might just screw us all and change the date.

I haven't watched G4... since E3 last year! I hope it is right! But mostly I hope they have enough time to put together a strong release line up!

That wouldn't be changing the date, though. You can't change what never had a fixed date in the first place.
Until official word comes direct from Nintendo, any 'announcements' made by shows like this are just so much hot air.

Um... how did they confirm it? You're not falling for that trap again?

Someone starts a rumour about the release being November 18th -- it's believed to be a rumour and not taken as seriously.
Someone (G4) confirms this release date -- OMG it's confirmed.

But.... they may have used the original source of the rumour. That's how it happens.

I mean... take this:
Wii-Entertainment-System.jpg

Completely fake. The reason? It's in English.
It's the wrong font, and it's next to 26. What does the 26 mean? It's April 26th. The release date of Mario Party 9 in Japan. It should also be noted that there's a "Wii" sign next to it.

The image was purposely made to be fake, to prove a point. What's the point that this guy was trying to prove? Well I mentioned it in the shoutbox the other day.

These stupid news sites like GoNintendo don't even bother to do any research, but will believe ANYTHING. Watch this...

Hey, Skymin50? I heard that Bomberman was going to be in the next Smash Bros game!

*waits*

*checks GoNintendo*

Bomberman confirmed for Smash Bros 4? A member at Nintendo 3DS Community has.... etc

Seriously...

I sort of fear that Nintendo might be a little more inactive with N3DS.

Back