Sakurai ''Doing his best'' To bring back old characters irin SSB4?

tdimodel6

Fierce bitch
Awards
Credits
Apperantly it's not easy for Sakurai to make a decision of who of th e veterans should return...

“I am planning on doing my best to bring old characters back in Smash Bros. From that perspective, I am probably in the most fortunate position in the world.”

If you ask me some are very easy to choose, like:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Mewto, Pokémon trainer, Marth, Ike, Roy, Ness, Lucas, Pit, Fox, Falco, Olimar & Pikmin, Mr. Game & Watch, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers, and Sonic.
There you have 30, if you ask me he should use these with 15 new characters, making it 45 in total.
But we don't know who Sakurai will pick..

I dont want to see these back for reasons:
Jigglypuff....What importance does she/he have in the game? one really.
Dr. mario...He's unoriginal, better as Metal Mario, but still, its just good for an alternate costume
Wolf...He wasn't that important either
Pichu... Just a pikachu pre-evolution, Maybe if the Pichu evolved into Pikachu during the game, then it's fine.
Lucario....There is a new kind of Mewto/Lucario..Zoroark, but Mewto deff has to comeback.
Toon link can return imo, Young link not really.
R.O.B.... Who is he anyway? i saw him in like Mario Kart DS and Brawl, that's it. (Well Non-Specific Action Figure better be in SSB4, hes not that known either but loved and more known ;D)
Snake..Im not a fan of his games, sorry.

What's your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. I think they should let you create custom Mii characters where you can make their movesets. It wont happen.

Everyone. Just bring back litterally everyone. Even if they are clones. I'd rather have Young Link adn Toon Link rather than just Toon Link. Like just make the entire game the first 3 games.

Add everything from the first 3. Like characters, stages, modes, and add new things. There's your awesome game right there.

As long as I see my R.O.B., then I'm fine with it. Unless they add Hammer Bro. which is likely not going to be possible.

He's is my Robotic Owning Brawler. HA! HA! Get it?

Everyone. Just bring back litterally everyone. Even if they are clones. I'd rather have Young Link adn Toon Link rather than just Toon Link. Like just make the entire game the first 3 games.

Add everything from the first 3. Like characters, stages, modes, and add new things. There's your awesome game right there.
I AGREE! Yes the whole list of characters and everything!!! Then add new stuff. MAn Imagine a roster with like 100 characters to choose from? THAT would be the brawl to end em all!

I think you have to literally keep everyone at least from Brawl. There's no good excuse to cut anyone, except MAYBE Wolf, but unbiased it's hard to say it wasn't a good idea. Just make him less clone-y. The only high-demand cut-veteran I'd vouch for is Mewtwo, but I personally think the chance is slim; at this rate I'd say each gen needs a rep, and Gen I has a pseudo 4.

Then again I'd rather not make my brain hurt with a roster until we get some actual information. Like, you know, a title.

If anything they should get rid of Falco and Wolf. If t hey keep Flaco and/or Wolf, make them different. I mean the 3 of them play the exact same with minor differences in weight and speed.

Don't bring back Mewtwo.
I'm the only one that doesn't care for this character.

As long as I get Bowser, I'll be happy. But other than that I'd really like to see Ganondorf, Captain Falcon (But less cloney), and Snake.

Wolf and Toon Link are the only ones on the chopping block as far as I see. I have no proof to back this up, but I think they were programmed in near the end of the game's development due to their completely out-of-nowhere appearences in the Subspace Emissary and that they're more or less clones of existing characters. I've had enough of the Link knock-offs to be honest, and doing away with them entirely will open up space for completely different characters like Ghirahim or Vaati. I always thought Krystal would be much better than Wolf as it would be pretty hard to make her a Fox/Falco clone. I'm actually suprised they even managed to make Wolf a Fox/Falco clone, and his final smash was just outright lazy. If they do decide to keep Wolf, he will need a serious moveset overhaul, lest he end up like Dr. Mario.

Back