froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to a new rumor that circulated on Friday, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Premium Edition is being planned by Samsung, and will be offered only in South Korea. This super spec'd version of Sammy's flagship phone is said to feature a 4K display, and a dual-lens camera module made by Sony. At the heart of this Galaxy S7 Premium Edition is a different version of the Exynos 8890 chipset.

The graphics processor on the Exynos 8890 is the Mali-T880 with 12 cores. A second version of the Exynos 8890 for the Galaxy S7 Special Edition, reportedly comes with a version of the Mali-T880 with 14 cores.

Read more

This sounds like a fast GPU, and nice screen.

But, I'm not sure there are many apps, games, content which are made for 4K displays, and internet connections which are fast enough which can download 4K video quickly.

I bet, this phone probably cost a lot.

why only offered in south korea?

why only offered in south korea?

I have no idea why it is only for South Korea.

My best guest is that Korean people in South Korea will be more likely pay more money for a faster Android smartphone compared to other countries like the US where many people pick iPhones if they want to buy an expensive phone.

Actually if I remember right South Korea is on the edge of new tech and living, I wonder if they test stuff for the rest of the world?

I think a lot of the fastest computer chips and parts are still designed by Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Apple, and Qualcomm which are all American tech companies. But, a lot of Companies in the US like Internet Service Providers are making it harder for people to do more advance tech task like streaming 4K video unless you subscribe to Google Fibre Internet with no data limit. Plus, stores like Bestbuy sometimes sell tech products like Gaming Computers for very expensive prices which makes it harder for people to buy tech.

It's fascinating to see such a big discrepancy in the standards of living between South Korea and North Korea.

I agree it is kind of odd to see the difference in living standards in South and North Korea. I think South Korea spends more of its time, and money on improving the living conditions of its people. But, North Korea spends more of its time and money on improving their Army, and the lives of the few government officials who have a more comfortable living standards which is more comfortable than most rich people in other countries.

Honestly the power this phone packs is impressive... However what kind of battery life is it going to have? I mean one of the major issues with modern tech is that power supplies haven't kept up with the tech. Battery advancements have been slow while adding more processing power has been much quicker. Meaning that any real advancements in batteries have been negated by power hungry hardware.

Furthermore, is there anything that's going to actually be able to make use of all that speed and power? I mean short of hooking it up to use as a desktop replacement for gaming. (I wonder if it would have enough speed/power to run full PC games... Not just android ones like the Mojo or Ouya.)

Though what kind of storage capacity will it have? I mean all kinds of speed/power is great... but who cares if you fill your phone so quickly that you can't appreciate it. And will it have an microSD slot? (Probably not I'd guess by how Samsung seems to be behaving lately, but it'd be good if it did have one.)

Honestly the power this phone packs is impressive... However what kind of battery life is it going to have? I mean one of the major issues with modern tech is that power supplies haven't kept up with the tech. Battery advancements have been slow while adding more processing power has been much quicker. Meaning that any real advancements in batteries have been negated by power hungry hardware.

Furthermore, is there anything that's going to actually be able to make use of all that speed and power? I mean short of hooking it up to use as a desktop replacement for gaming. (I wonder if it would have enough speed/power to run full PC games... Not just android ones like the Mojo or Ouya.)

Though what kind of storage capacity will it have? I mean all kinds of speed/power is great... but who cares if you fill your phone so quickly that you can't appreciate it. And will it have an microSD slot? (Probably not I'd guess by how Samsung seems to be behaving lately, but it'd be good if it did have one.)
Since it will only be available in South Korea, I guess we might never have answers for those questions...

someone will import it.

I agree, someone will import it, but I don't think there will be many people who will import it because importing electronics are very expensive.

Plus, there are already fast smartphones like the iPhone 6S Plus and Asus ZenPhone 2 which are already very fast for most people's needs, so people will just buy fast phones they can already buy locally.

I agree, someone will import it, but I don't think there will be many people who will import it because importing electronics are very expensive.

Plus, there are already fast smartphones like the iPhone 6S Plus and Asus ZenPhone 2 which are already very fast for most people's needs, so people will just buy fast phones they can already buy locally.
Not to mention that Asus ZenFone 3 is in the works and it looks like it's going to be an amazing Android smartphone: https://www.androidpit.com/asus-zenfone-3-price-release-date-specs-features

Back