Front camera: 8MP
Battery: 3,000mAh
- Rear fingerprint scanner
- Water- and dust-resistant (IP68)
- No physical home button
- Iris scanner
- Bixby AI assistant
- Headphone jack

The fingerprint scanner will be on the back of the phone unlike the current Samsung models. The physical size is the same as the current S7 but they have made the screen much bigger. What do you guys think?

Other than the missing home button and the fingerprint scanner on the back it doesn't seem too different from my S7 Edge. It is an impressive phone but I'll be keeping my awesome S7 Edge.

Other than the missing home button and the fingerprint scanner on the back it doesn't seem too different from my S7 Edge. It is an impressive phone but I'll be keeping my awesome S7 Edge.
The screen size is also a lot bigger although the physical phone is the same size as the S7. The differences aren't enough to probably convince other S7 owners like yourself to upgrade to an S8 to be honest, it's a bit too similar to it

are both sides edged?
Yeah both sides are edged

Looks really awesome! I've got an iPhone 6 right now but I'm thinking about going back to Android later this year. I just wish they made phones a little smaller. The 6S is about as big as I need and I'd honestly like it better if it was a tad bit smaller.

I think the Samsung S8 should at least have 6GB of RAM like the Vivo's Xplay 5 smartphone which has 6 GB of RAM.

The screen size is also a lot bigger although the physical phone is the same size as the S7. The differences aren't enough to probably convince other S7 owners like yourself to upgrade to an S8 to be honest, it's a bit too similar to it

Yeah both sides are edged

I thought edge sides were bad?

I thought edge sides were bad?

They can be bad if you drop the phone on the edge where it may crack, or get scratched on the edge. I think some cases may not work well on phones with edge screens because the case may cover the edge.

I'm sure there is some phone cover for the edge.

I think the phone covers for the edge may interfere/block part of the screen making it more difficult to use the edge unless the edge is thinly or not covered which make the cover not as useful for preventing damage to the screen when dropped, or scrapped against sharp objects like keys in a person's pocket.

I think the phone covers for the edge may interfere/block part of the screen making it more difficult to use the edge unless the edge is thinly or not covered which make the cover not as useful for preventing damage to the screen when dropped, or scrapped against sharp objects like keys in a person's pocket.

pretty sure it be curved to fully show off the edge screen.

They can be bad if you drop the phone on the edge where it may crack, or get scratched on the edge. I think some cases may not work well on phones with edge screens because the case may cover the edge.

Having the S7 Edge I can tell you that if you use the phone without a case, you end up bumping the screen while gripping the phone, or the screen registers your touch on the edge and then when you go to tap the screen in a regular spot it won't work. Most cases fix this.

Having the S7 Edge I can tell you that if you use the phone without a case, you end up bumping the screen while gripping the phone, or the screen registers your touch on the edge and then when you go to tap the screen in a regular spot it won't work. Most cases fix this.

Wearing a glove on the hand you use to hold your phone may fix the problems with unwanted touch register to the edge of the screen. But, you can't control your phone with the hand which is wearing the glove, so you need to use your hand without a glove on.

If you are sitting next to a table, you can use a phone stand to hold your phone instead of holding it with your hand.

Wearing a glove on the hand you use to hold your phone may fix the problems with unwanted touch register to the edge of the screen. But, you can't control your phone with the hand which is wearing the glove, so you need to use your hand without a glove on.

If you are sitting next to a table, you can use a phone stand to hold your phone instead of holding it with your hand.
He said the case remedies it.

Will it be an "android" only os, or do you have an option to install a different os?

I've thought about getting this when it comes out. I've avoided getting a new phone until this comes out.

I've been looking for a new phone and someone recommended this particular phone to me.

Will it be an "android" only os, or do you have an option to install a different os?

It most likely will be possible to install an Custom Android ROM which is based on Android onto this phone once you root the phone, and use a PC to flash an Android custom ROM onto this phone.

There are very few non-Android ROMs these days now that Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS, and many other non-Android mobile OS are discontinued. I think there are no Windows Phone or iOS custom ROMs since they are both not free and open source where you are allowed to use them on phones which did not come with Windows Phone or iOS.

Back