froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Samsung is reportedly getting ready to sell off its struggling PC business to Lenovo, and retire from the personal computer market altogether. The deal would see the largest PC vendor become even bigger, and comes just months after Samsung sold its printer division.

According to a South Korean publication, The Bell, Samsung is looking at ditching another struggling division as it continues to reorganize and focus on its core assets. Samsung, the world’s largest phone maker, hasn’t been competitive in the PC business for a while now, even as the market overall continues to shrink.

Read More

This is too bad that Samsung may sell their PC Business to Lenovo. But selling Samsung PC brand to Lenovo is better than just closing down Samsung PC business where all workers lost their job instead of working for Lenovo after Lenovo bought Samsung's PC brand.

I believe it, the market is declining.

I believe it, the market is declining.

I agree, the general PC market is declining.

I think PCs and laptops which cost under $300 is still growing, or declining less by now.

But, PCs which cost more than $300 is declining. These cheap PCs are most likely being bought by students, schools, and small businesses which don't have a lot of money to spend on tech.

I don't like Lenovo, and other than the fact that Samsung makes monitors and Chromebooks, I had no idea they even were in the PC business.

I don't like Lenovo, and other than the fact that Samsung makes monitors and Chromebooks, I had no idea they even were in the PC business.

I think Samsung laptops are popular in South Korea because I see them a lot in online posts from South Korean users on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

But, Samsung laptops are not really popular in North America.

Back