froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A software update set to be released on December 19, 2016, will effectively brick all remaining Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices in the US, Samsung announced on Friday. According to the official recall page, the update will "prevent U.S. Galaxy Note7 devices from charging and will eliminate their ability to work as mobile devices."

In an official Verizon statement, released shortly after Samsung added the plans for the update to its recall page, Verizon's vice president of global corporate communications, Jeffrey Nelson, explained that the company would not release the update.

Read More

I wonder if Verizon could be liable for injuries caused by the remaining Note 7 which is using Verizon.

It's crazy that some people are still willing to use a phone which can explode, and possibly blowing up in their face, hand, harming someone else, or causing a fire in their car or house.

I think the government should step in and confiscate these dangerous phones from users who still use them before more people become hurt by these phones.

Seriously, how did they even release this phone? Were the engineers drunk when they developed it? Shouldn't there be multiple tests of the device before its release?

Seriously, how did they even release this phone? Were the engineers drunk when they developed it? Shouldn't there be multiple tests of the device before its release?

I read on different tech blogs that Samsung wanted to rush out a new smartphone before the iPhone 7 is released, so they did not spend as much time to test the Note 7 out. Some tech blogs also said the working conditions in Samsung are also not very good, and people are overworked, and stressed out which can cause engineers to design a phone which is dangerous to own.

I say they should do it. If it's potentially dangerous for people to have the phones then they should be made aware of this, given an option on what to do and Samsung should throw the update out.

I think it's crazy these developers were allowed to release this without fully testing but since they are going to do something about it they should be able to.

I read on different tech blogs that Samsung wanted to rush out a new smartphone before the iPhone 7 is released, so they did not spend as much time to test the Note 7 out. Some tech blogs also said the working conditions in Samsung are also not very good, and people are overworked, and stressed out which can cause engineers to design a phone which is dangerous to own.
So, what's Samsung's plan in regards to the Galaxy Note line? Will they re-launch the Galaxy Note 7 or just move on to 8?

So, what's Samsung's plan in regards to the Galaxy Note line? Will they re-launch the Galaxy Note 7 or just move on to 8?

The Galaxy Note 7 is currently discontinued. There are news reports that Samsung may plans to sell the Note 7 as refurbished/used units in 2017 when they fix the battery exploding problems.

There is not much news about the Note 8.

I think Samsung may retire the Note name and just make the Galaxy S7 for now, and call their future phones with the S name like S8, s9, etc.

Back