froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
SanDisk is unveiling the industry's first 4TB serial attached SCSI solid state drive along with several new 12Gb/s and 6GB/s workload specific SAS SSDs. The Optimus MAX 4TB SAS SSD and Lightning Gen. II SSD product lines, announced today, are updates to SanDisk's SAS product line.

Coming Soon: 8TB & 16TB Optimus MAX SSDs

The goal of surpassing current HDD size limits doesn't end with the 4TB Optimus MAX. During a press meeting with SanDisk, the vendor told Tom's IT Pro that 8TB Optimus MAX drives are coming later this year and 16TB SSDs would follow in 2015.

Read More

It's crazy how big SSD storage sizes has gotten. Never imagined a SSD would be in the 16TB size.

I'm not even close to filling 1TB so imagine what it would be like with 4TB? Would be awesome to have so much space though. Would save me having to remember to delete old backups  :rolleyes:

I would love to have 4TB or more space as well. I would not need to empty my recycle bin, and download tons of anime, games, etc, and still have a lot of space left over for other files.

I know most media like videos and video games are in need of such large storage but I don't feel programs are in need of this. I'm sure most 1 TB SD cards would break before one uses half the storage for files and programs.

That is far to much space for me at the time lol, but at least I would not have to worry about runnig out of space for a very very VERY long time should I get it.

Back