Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The Jack Black-starring comedy film School of Rock is getting a TV adaption courtesy of Paramount and Nickelodeon.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nickelodeon has ordered a 13-episode, straight-to-series adaptation of School of Rock, which will follow the movie's storyline pretty closely. The TV show will focus on Dewey Finn (portrayed by Black in the film), who slyly substitutes at a prestigious private school and teaches his students to loosen up and love rock 'n' roll.

"School of Rock is one of those great movies that always felt quintessentially Nickelodeon in its tone and humor, and we jumped at the opportunity to partner with Paramount Television and bring it to life as a TV series," said Russell Hicks, president of content and development at Nickelodeon.

Casting is reportedly going to be announced soon, with shooting scheduled for this fall and the show planned to premiere in the spring. School of Rock filmmaker Richard Linklater is returning to executive produce the TV series.
source

Kind of late for this, the whole cast is grown up.

Yeah I agree, something like this should have been done at least within a year of the movie being released. I am curious about it though and I may give it a watch just to see what it is like and how they manage to work it.

This sounds cool, but I don't think that they are going to use the original cast. Most of the children from that movie are adults now. I wonder if Jack Black will be in this... I don't see it in his Filmography on IMDb...

Kind of weird timing, but explains why I've been seeing it on TV more often. Them turning it into a cartoon series makes me think of Class of 3000 since that involved a musical theme which they incorporated into their animation. It be interesting to see if they do something similar. Obviously they'll put in music, but I'd like to see how it's incorporated. Though not sure how great it will be, Nick has been kind of lame with their shows, and this is again really odd timing. Seems like they're running out of ideas. 

DearSweetAru said:
Kind of weird timing, but explains why I've been seeing it on TV more often. Them turning it into a cartoon series makes me think of Class of 3000 since that involved a musical theme which they incorporated into their animation. It be interesting to see if they do something similar. Obviously they'll put in music, but I'd like to see how it's incorporated. Though not sure how great it will be, Nick has been kind of lame with their shows, and this is again really odd timing. Seems like they're running out of ideas. 
lol, class of 3000. I remember that, and the interview with the creator saying it would be something loved for years to come. Music was alright.

Eh. Yeah. Music wasn't all that fascinating. 

I don't think it lasted more than a season so that's kind of funny. Sad for the show though. 

Back