Scrolls, by Minecraft's dev, launches paid beta in April

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Collectible card game Scrolls, the next project from Minecraft developer Mojang, will launch for PC through a paid beta next month, the studio has confirmed with Polygon.

"We are aiming for release at the end of April and it's looking pretty good," cofounder Jakob Porser said. "We've been wanting to release it for awhile because we want to have the same sort of development as Minecraft."

"We'll release it early at a discount," he added. "With the help from our community, we'll take the game to the next level and see what we want to do and what they expect out of the game and you can work around that."

Scrolls will initially release on PC, with a Mac release to follow. Mojang also has a small team of developers investigating the possibility of bringing the game to Linux.

Porser also responded to Blizzard Entertainment's recent announcement of its own collectible card strategy game HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft. He said at the end of the day, competition is good for gamers.

I've never been a big fan of these games but this one looks like its worth a try.

Source

Assuming we're still talking about MTG, yes, a few. I'm good at getting top 3, but sometimes I get lucky in one game, and I get first. Money prizes! :grin:

Back