Seems even the Nintendo Switch's games are tough!

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Maybe he was going to take it someone and didn't have a case and all that stuff?

Honestly, I don't know. There's no practical reason for having the game stored there.

When I first saw thread, I thought it was about how tough it is to beat the games for the Switch and not how durable the games are if you happen to stick one in the washing machine.

I'm actually glad they are durable. They are probably making them that way on purpose knowing kids are playing video games at quite a young age. They are probably making them for the smaller children who might not be as easy on them.

When I first saw thread, I thought it was about how tough it is to beat the games for the Switch and not how durable the games are if you happen to stick one in the washing machine.

I'm actually glad they are durable. They are probably making them that way on purpose knowing kids are playing video games at quite a young age. They are probably making them for the smaller children who might not be as easy on them.
That's exactly what I thought. I was the kind of person, along with my siblings, to put them in my pants, when I'm too lazy to put them in my pants pocket. Kids like this person are the reason why cartridge cases are a thing. You have to make them tough, or else there'll be angry parents everywhere. I doubt Nintendo wants that on their heads. They should take a tip from Apple.

Why would you put a cartridge on a washing machine though lmao. I swear these people are just bored with their lives. For the record, EVERYTHING is durable if you take care of it. I still have my GBA that I got back in 2004. Still alive. You know how? I took care of it. I didn't drop it, I didn't put it in washing machines just to see if it survives. I put it in protective casing, I made sure the batteries were removed when I wasn't using it, and I sure as hell didn't do experiments on it just to see what happens.

I agree, OursIsTheFury. I took care of my stuff as well, however, not everyone does. I take care of my stuff because my parents taught me to take care of my stuff. They also taught me to take care of other people's stuff as well. But not everyone teaches this and then they get mad when their kids end up breaking their stuff.

Why would you put a cartridge on a washing machine though lmao. I swear these people are just bored with their lives. For the record, EVERYTHING is durable if you take care of it. I still have my GBA that I got back in 2004. Still alive. You know how? I took care of it. I didn't drop it, I didn't put it in washing machines just to see if it survives. I put it in protective casing, I made sure the batteries were removed when I wasn't using it, and I sure as hell didn't do experiments on it just to see what happens.
They said they had a bunch of kids over during the weekend and the card somehow found its way to the laundry bin and was accidentally washed. Probably just a clumsy kid.

It's good to hear that the game cartridge are tough like that but I think this is a good reminder why it a good idea to check what's in your basket before you put everything in the wash.

I agree, OursIsTheFury. I took care of my stuff as well, however, not everyone does. I take care of my stuff because my parents taught me to take care of my stuff. They also taught me to take care of other people's stuff as well. But not everyone teaches this and then they get mad when their kids end up breaking their stuff.
Well, for me I'm pretty sentimental when it comes to my things. I don't throw old stuff away, I store them in a cabinet somewhere since I hate getting rid of my things, especially if I bought them myself. And I agree, lots of spoiled kids out there and you can't really blame them. Nobody is born spoiled. It's taught to you by your parents. Either they were pretty lax with their rules or they simply do not care.

Yeah, I am the same way. Some people might call me a "pack rat" because I'm not one to get rid of things very easily. It doesn't matter to me if I spent my own money on the item or if someone else bought it for me.

Back