Sega to reboot Sonic in 2014?!?!?!

KirbyZ

Awards
Credits
Source:

http://www.tssznews....-2014-explored/

Quick somebody post it on the N3DSC Daily!

Summarize:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- Sonic Team and Sega are looking to better monetize Sonic[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- potentially “massive” and “total” reboot[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- Sega and Sonic Team are “committed” to the reboo[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- speed, platforming, and surreal environments will remain[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- Sonic and Dr. Eggman's rivalry will continue[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- both characters may undergo a makeover[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- everything else is up in the air and may see radical changes, including Tails[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- may birth a new universe and characters[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- new gameplay methods and gimmicks [/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- zones would be massively expanded and become their own world[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- zones feature individual levels masked as missions[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- idea likened to Burnout Paradise[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- includes a brand-new engine[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- photo-realism is of no concern[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- may aggressively pursue a collection model as part of the reboot[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- targeting the young audience that enjoys physical collectibles[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- may require physical emblems and collectibles to unlock special features[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- SEGA inspired by Skylanders' success[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- physical toys and collectibles may have an interactive component with a new cartoon series[/background][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]- may offer classic characters in-game as DLC[/background][/font]

It sounds pretty dumb. Knowing Sega, they would just abandon what everyone liked and try something new that won't satisfy the fans. They can't try new ideas in IPs because they know people will buy Sonic no matter how bad it is. Sigh, I hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be good. If it's real.

If they follow the Skylanders set-up, we might be looking at some good games with many playable characters. But on the other hand, if Tails doesn't appear as a figurine or a character in-game, I'm not going to like it.

However, this is, as of now, just a rumor. It isn't truly confirmed just yet.

• Okay so they are basically attempting a...2nd reboot I think? I mean it kinda seemed like Sonic 06 was a failed reboot attempt, I mostly say that with how serious the storyline + Dr. Eggman's appearance and all.

• ...And they better not follow Skylanders. So far I'm not really liking the sounds of it, Sonic and co. look fine as is too.

I figured it was only a matter of time before other developers decided to cash in on the Skylanders model.

After Generations, I thought Sega and Sonic Team had really put their house in order. I felt I could trust them and was hungry for more. Reading this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

If anything they should make a game like Sonic 06. It's like the 3rd best Sonic game. You can't go wrong with that.

Or Sonic Adventure 3 would work too I guess.

Sonic 06 was absolutely terrible and was a shitty product with a literal ton of glitches plaguing it.
People can say that all they want. I like Sonic 06 and found just as many glitches as SA2B. Which really wasn't a lot. People need to stop bashing this game. It's like one of the best Sonic games.

Sonic Adventure 2 does not glitch as much as this.

I hope you know that most of those you had to be doing something stupid or game breaking. I mean sure most were action stuff, but it doesn't mean anything. I never ran into these glitches. I had no problem with the game. The one time I had a problem was homing attacking and going through a wall, but guess what? I did the exactl same thng in SA2B. *Gasp.* I can see how you can get those glitches if you're stupid enough to, but I guess that I'm so awesome at the game, that the glitches never effected me.

It doesn't matter how you activate them or if they never happened to you, they shouldn't be happening in the first place. Also, a game from 2001 that's also a generation younger than one from 2006 is not a fair comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back