Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUjt2kOX3Q

Due out next year hopefully.

I'm seriously excited about this one. As a huge fan of both the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem series, this is going to be a long, painful wait for me. I certainly hope there won't be any delays or any announcements that it won't be getting a Western release. Fortunately, both franchises enjoy significant cult followings in the west to ensure that both Atlus & Nintendo would not want to ignore.

Do we know anything about the gameplay of this game yet? I am a big Fire Emblem fan, but don't know much about Shin Megami Tensei. Do we know what the battle system is going to be? Is it choosing one game or kind of meshing the two combat systems together? That is going to be the deciding factor for me purchasing the game.

Dame6089 said:
Do we know anything about the gameplay of this game yet? I am a big Fire Emblem fan, but don't know much about Shin Megami Tensei. Do we know what the battle system is going to be? Is it choosing one game or kind of meshing the two combat systems together? That is going to be the deciding factor for me purchasing the game.
What you see in the trailer is the only thing they've been teasing. No real gameplay yet.

From an earlier interview, it appears the gameplay will be more SMT and less FE. Which is good for me since I prefer SMT, although I like FE also.

Here is that interview from March: http://www.tradukosoft.com/2015/04/342/

As a result of this, “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” follows the basic axis of what I would say are “Realistic characters who suffer from many conflicts and worries in modern-day Japan” in this RPG. It was capturing the feeling of “Fire Emblem” that was the real challenge during the development of this concept, as this is a collaboration project, after all.

In this PV, many people may find it hard to understand where the essence of “Fire Emblem” comes into play. However, this will be explained more in the future, so please wait for a follow-up to this.

I don't like the look of it, at all. This is not what I was expecting. It looks more like a Persona game than anything. Hell, it looks even sillier and anime-er than Persona. I love Persona, but this was meant to mix the dark worlds of Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem but instead we are getting some super anime, cheery, silly game. It makes Persona 4 look dark and gritty. Just, what the hell were they thinking? It really doesn't feel like the combination of SMT and FE at all...

I think most of, if not all of, atlus' core fan base want anime-looking games though. I know I sure do. There's not enough developers making anime-centric games on next gen consoles. Even though it has a cutesy look, persona's always dealt with dark themes, and SMT is even darker, such as eating the flesh of demons, and summoning/contracting with devils, etc. You know the old saying, can't judge a book by the cover. Really this is pretty much what I would expect from Atlus, who happens to be one of my favorite developers. I like that they keep bringing anime games, especially to the west, through their atlus usa division.

Demon_Skeith said:
I was getting a SMT vibe from this instead of FE, which is sad because I like it to be more FE.
I was getting more  of a FE vibe  >.> Only thing I could tell from SMT's side was the "persona-like" thingies >_> (3 of 'em).

Xenokitten said:
I think most of, if not all of, atlus' core fan base want anime-looking games though. I know I sure do. There's not enough developers making anime-centric games on next gen consoles. Even though it has a cutesy look, persona's always dealt with dark themes, and SMT is even darker, such as eating the flesh of demons, and summoning/contracting with devils, etc. You know the old saying, can't judge a book by the cover. Really this is pretty much what I would expect from Atlus, who happens to be one of my favorite developers. I like that they keep bringing anime games, especially to the west, through their atlus usa division.
Sure, but keep the cutesy anime stuff to Persona, no need to bring it into a game that was meant to resemble the more dark and serious mainline SMT games and not Persona. I didn't even see any SMT characters.

Honestly, I think it's the title that really screws it, and teaser trailers showed mainline SMT characters. Sounds to me like the game was announced before they even knew what they were gonna do with it (which is why it took so long to see something at all) and now they're just keeping the title even though it doesn't fit.

I love Persona but I hope Persona doesn't start taking over mainline SMT.

Androu1 said:
Sure, but keep the cutesy anime stuff to Persona, no need to bring it into a game that was meant to resemble the more dark and serious mainline SMT games and not Persona. I didn't even see any SMT characters.

Honestly, I think it's the title that really screws it, and teaser trailers showed mainline SMT characters. Sounds to me like the game was announced before they even knew what they were gonna do with it (which is why it took so long to see something at all) and now they're just keeping the title even though it doesn't fit.

I love Persona but I hope Persona doesn't start taking over mainline SMT.
I think the marketing is what is screwing this game. All we have seen so far is these super anime custscense with J-pop in the background. I can't imagine that most Fire EMblem fans are pumped about that. If the gameplay is nothing like Fire EMblem, I can't imagine that many FE fans are going to jump on this one.

Back