Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Gematsu:

Shinji Mikami, who left Tango Gameworks in early 2023, has established a new studio called KAMUY, according to his creator blurb on the Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered official website.

As director and producer of the Resident Evil and The Evil Within series and more, Mikami has created numerous blockbuster hit titles. 1996 saw the release of Resident Evil, on which he acted as director. He greatly contributed to the popularization of the survival–horror genre, and has had a major impact on the video game industry ever since.

In 2010, Mikami founded Tango K.K. (renamed Tango Gameworks in October of the same year after becoming part of ZeniMax Media Inc.), after which he directed and released The Evil Within. He also acted as executive producer on Ghostwire: Tokyo and Hi-Fi RUSH.

After leaving Tango Gameworks, he established KAMUY Inc.

another new fun survival horror game lol

Read from VGC:

According to Automaton, Mikami told Byking that he’d planned to leave Tango for eight years before doing so but felt a responsibility to continue working on the studio’s games.

Asked why he wanted to leave, he reportedly cited his desire to create an environment designed to give young game creators more regular experience by making games with shorter development cycles, and said he thinks there’s an audience for more unique, small-scale titles.

Mikami also clarified his role within Tango Gameworks prior to his departure.

“I had only been CEO for 6 months,” he said. “I think a lot of people were under the impression that I was the representative, but I was very close to a rank-and-file employee.

“I had producer attached to my name, but I wasn’t an executive or anything of the sort.”

Back