Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Shonen Jump is overhauling its manga subscription service into an extremely affordable model.

Announced in a blogpost on Viz, former editor-in-chief of Japanese Shonen Jump Hisashi Sasaki detailed the changes coming to its American branch beginning December 17.

The subscription model will drop to $2 a month for access to new chapters in various manga (the same day they’re released in Japan) and almost all of Shonen Jump’s English back catalogue (over 10,000 chapters). What’s more, non-members will be able to read much of the newest manga chapters for free through the official website or app, expanding recent efforts to provide new issues for free.

“To remain competitive, Shonen Jump has to evolve,” said Sasaki. "In the past, we’ve transitioned from print magazine to digital magazine. And now, we are excited about the new Shonen Jump. The new Shonen Jump will be legitimate, authentic and safe. You can go to Shonen Jump’s website or the app to read the newest manga for free, the same day as Japan. For $1.99 a month, Shonen Jump members will get access to new chapters as well as the back catalog to nearly everything Shonen Jump has released [in English]."

This is such a big news.
I am not into manga much...but if I were to get into manga, then I would take this up for sure. I hope anime can get something like this as well.

Back