Short anime vs long anime

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I prefer long anime but short anime got their own advantage as well.

People early get bored while watching short anime but that's not the case with long anime...

These days I am watching short anime quite a bit... But I like long anime more.

I've always liked short anime because it's something you can watch and then get on with another anime. I remember back in high school I binged watched the original Dragon Ball, which only had about 89 episodes. I wanted to binge watch Dragon Ball Z after, but I never got around to it because it has over 200 episodes and I couldn't image watching something with more than 100 episodes. Maybe if I had more time in the day it wouldn't be so bad, but as things stands, it's hard enough to commit to a 24 episode anime, let alone a 100+ series.

Just depends on whats going on, I know Naruto/Bleach/One Piece would have been left unfulfilled if short. While other series like Space Dandy would have been better for just one season.

Hmm... It's true that it's not possible to make naruto or one piece a short anime as that would destroy the entire plot.
But short anime are better appreciated these days

If only Naruto and Bleach got the One Piece treatment.
Um.. Naruto anime was way more popular than one piece anime. It's a bit hard to believe but it's the truth. As for bleach, if Oda wasn' t obsessed with the Quincy Arc and such, it wouldn't have suffered those like ratings at all

Um.. Naruto anime was way more popular than one piece anime. It's a bit hard to believe but it's the truth. As for bleach, if Oda wasn' t obsessed with the Quincy Arc and such, it wouldn't have suffered those like ratings at all

popular yes, but both Naruto and Bleach lacked the quality that One piece has.

Also Oda wrote one piece, Kubo wrote Bleach and Kishi wrote Naruto.

popular yes, but both Naruto and Bleach lacked the quality that One piece has.

Also Oda wrote one piece, Kubo wrote Bleach and Kishi wrote Naruto.
I don't think many people would agree to that. OnIn fa they believe that one piece lacks quality when compared to Naruto. Umm..I know their names :)
Those are the only names that I know...

I don't think many people would agree to that. OnIn fa they believe that one piece lacks quality when compared to Naruto. Umm..I know their names :)
Those are the only names that I know...

I figured, but you said Oda was writing Bleach sooooo ^^;

Honestly anyone who says that really doesn't read One Piece, there is so much detail going on in OP that both Naruto and Bleach together couldn't hope to rival it.

I figured, but you said Oda was writing Bleach sooooo ^^;

Honestly anyone who says that really doesn't read One Piece, there is so much detail going on in OP that both Naruto and Bleach together couldn't hope to rival it.
Oops. I didn't even realize I made such a huge mistake.
Shucks. I know those names very well now... How could I make such a mistake...
*Claraviolet commits suicide

I guess there are some anime that are good when viewed in a longer time line and others that seemed to be better in a shorter one, example for one piece and the other Shonen "titans" are better and good if written in a long time line while others like death note are better if it is shortly lived

I've never tried watching a whole long anime series because I'm afraid I won't be able to do anything like eating or taking a shower because when I watch an anime movie or series, I won't stop until I'm finished. Good thing there's short anime where I can just watch the whole thing for one day and I'll take a rest or do my chores on the next few days and watch another one again. I actually watched some episodes of One Piece, Dragon Ball, and Naruto because our Television Networks here stream those anime series. However, I wasn't able to finish even one season because again, I'm afraid I'd be too immersed and never do anything productive.

I'm pretty much of a completionist in all the things that I do. With short anime I usually finish them over the course of a week or even a few days depending on the length. I prefer them, I think, because the story can usually be resolved within the few episodes that they have.

I feel that long anime usually have storylines dragging on for far too long. It's like it removes from the excitement of the anime if I have 50 episodes of fillers in-between the main arcs of the story. But that's just me.

I prefer short anime' because what I normally do is watch an anime' after all episodes are finished so I can watch them in just one sitting. Obviously, I cannot do this on long anime'. I'm not good at waiting for the next episodes every other week. Though I have managed to finish some long anime' especially those with great story line. The most recent long anime' I finished watching was Dragon Ball Super. Now I'm waiting for the movie they'll soon release.

I prefer long anime like One Piece. I feel sad whenever the anime is going to end like Fairy Tail, Kuroko no Basket, Naruto. that why I like long anime. I'm just afraid that when the time comes One Piece will end, I am already dead. haha

For me, I think it depends upon the story line. If the anime has a good story line then why not continue it. Right? Some Animes that I have watched has this long overbearing continuations which compromise the whole story line. Starting good at first then gets a bit boring more and more as it reach the end.

For me, I think it depends upon the story line. If the anime has a good story line then why not continue it. Right?

I agree with some of this. There are anime that were made to be short, and if the storyline is good and the producers know how to properly develop the plot, then those anime are usually pretty good.

Some Animes that I have watched has this long overbearing continuations which compromise the whole story line. Starting good at first then gets a bit boring more and more as it reach the end.

I think the problem with some anime is not the long overbearing continuations, it's that the storytelling is lacking something. Remember that most anime come from mangas (also from light novels and video games). If an anime isn't good (it's being boring, repetitive,...) that's because either the developers are failing at adapting the source material or the source material wasn't very good in the first place. It can also be that some arcs, while uninteresting or lacking in action, are necessary to advance the plot. Long anime is more likely to become repetitive or to recycle plots because is based on a long story or on a work that's still ongoing.

For me I prefer short anime, the essence of it's story is in the summary of the anime. So I think it is better to watch a short anime. If an anime extends just so they can have a long story, for me, it loses its essence.

In my opinion, there's a long anime and short anime for different type of viewer to choose. I mean, there are people who enjoy short anime because they want to venture with different genres and plot once in a while. And there are these people who love to stick with a single franchise and dedicate a huge amount of attention to it, like One Piece and Naruto for instance. For me, I can't decide on what I like more. Maybe it only depends on my available time and mood. I have an ever changing time schedule so it makes sense. I love the both of them.

Even short anime could make long if the viewers love this and watch and watch over time they would ask for the second season of this movie.

Back