Should both local and online multiplayer be mandatory for multiplayer games?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I personally think so. After all, it's pretty much a fact that local multiplayer works better on home consoles and online multiplayer does on handhelds, so I think any game even attempting multiplayer should accomodate both. Relying on just one or the other seems like a ridiculous oversight in this day and age.

Anyone agree?

I think that it should be mandatory. I do prefer local when it comes to SSB but most other games need online play.

I personally think so. After all, it's pretty much a fact that local multiplayer works better on home consoles and online multiplayer does on handhelds, so I think any game even attempting multiplayer should accomodate both. Relying on just one or the other seems like a ridiculous oversight in this day and age.

Anyone agree?

I've been campaigning this concept since before you met me lol

What kind of game has online multiplayer, but doesn't have local multiplayer? I mean there's this crappy game called Team Fortress 2 and, well I can't say it's crappy because I've never played it, but it's crappy because it has multiplayer, but no single player and that's... that's worse.

I agree, even though I know why some companies decide not to have online Multiplayer in their games. Servers do cost after all, but that's no excuse for a multi-million dollar company.

So yes, 100% agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of game has online multiplayer, but doesn't have local multiplayer? I mean there's this crappy game called Team Fortress 2 and, well I can't say it's crappy because I've never played it, but it's crappy because it has multiplayer, but no single player and that's... that's worse.

Uhm, TF2 does have single player. =P

No it doesn't. I remember when I borrowed the game from my friend I couldn't find single player and someone on here told me that it's only a multplayer game only.

I actually don't mind the no single player aspect of some games (yes, I know I'm biased). If the game has good content, I see no problem with it being only an online multiplayer game.

With that being said, games that are meant to be portable in nature should have both single player and multiplayer.

No it doesn't. I remember when I borrowed the game from my friend I couldn't find single player and someone on here told me that it's only a multplayer game only.

Yes it does. At least when I played it, you could play solo against bots. In any case, it's designed to be a multiplayer team competitive game, that's what it's for.

I actually don't mind the no single player aspect of some games (yes, I know I'm biased). If the game has good content, I see no problem with it being only an online multiplayer game.

With that being said, games that are meant to be portable in nature should have both single player and multiplayer.

Well when internet for the 360 and PS3 costs $60 for 12 months, it's kind of hard to play online multiplayer.

Yes it does. At least when I played it, you could play solo against bots. In any case, it's designed to be a multiplayer team competitive game, that's what it's for.

What version did you play? I played it on the Orange Box for 360.

Yes definetely! I live in an area where I don't have access to unlimited internet so I can't play games with online multiplayer only. I think that both should be available.

Well when internet for the 360 and PS3 costs $60 for 12 months, it's kind of hard to play online multiplayer.

What version did you play? I played it on the Orange Box for 360.

I have it on Steam, which would explain it. I imagine the Steam version has more updates and recent support then the 360 version did! On Steam at least it's still a pretty big deal, and has active additions being made to it.

Back